RE: [MPD-5D] Problems on 18th Pl. NE

  • Henderson, Kathy (DYRS)
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2006
      Good Afternoon,

      What is your address? I am well aware of the problems in the 1200 block of
      18th Place and have taken a number of steps to clean that block. The
      Department of Public Works cleaned the block, underscoring my request. I
      also requested sanitation enforcement for practically the entire block; most
      of the owners do not have proper trash collection receptacles or pick-up
      service. I also reported all of the abandoned cars and DDOT is developing a
      plan to pave the alleys, shortly. I facilitated a walk-through with City
      Administrator Robert Bobb, the Clean City Coordinator Merrit Drucker and Lt.
      Judith Anderson and Sgt. Gudger.

      We are working diligently to ensure the area does not return to the control
      of drug dealers. That is why enforcement is so important. We must diligently
      remove the trash to send a clear message that we will not tolerate criminal
      enterprises setting up shop in our neighborhoods. Please call me at (202)
      397-2777.

      Sincerely,

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5B10