Community's Assistance Needed

  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2011
      Good evening everyone,

      We are reaching out to the community for assistance in identifying and locating the driver and vehicle involved in a fatal hit and run pedestrian crash, which occurred on Saturday, March 12, 2011 in the 5000 block of Benning Road, SE.

      (See link for photo) http://newsroom.dc.gov/show.aspx/agency/mpdc/section/2/release/21326/year/2011

      Anyone with information about this crash is asked to contact the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099 or 1-888-919-CRIME (1-888-919-2746). Additionally, anonymous information may be submitted to DC CRIME SOLVERS at 1-866-411-TIPS and to the department’s TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. If the information provided by the caller to the Crime Solvers Unit leads to an arrest and indictment, that caller will be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.

      Cathy L. Lanier
      Chief of Police