Re: [MPD-5D] Good arrests

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25, 2011
      Okay; thanks!

      From: "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 17:16:33 -0400
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] Good arrests

      Ms. Henderson,

      The two from the first robbery are Sean Charity, date of birth 10/26/90 address 1111 1st., NW, and Marquette Blackson 2/24/92, 1169 1st., NW.

      The arrest and warrant in the second case was of two young men who are both being charged as adults though we are trying to confirm their ages.  I will release their names once I get clearance to do so.

      The arrests in the third case were of juveniles, whose names we do not release.

      Andy Solberg

      Join us at the
      2011 State of the District Address

      Presented by:
      Mayor Vincent C. Gray

      Monday, March 28, 2011
      Eastern Senior High School • 1700 East Capitol Street, NE
      Doors open – 5:00 pm • Program begins – 6:45 pm

      To learn more, visit www.dc.gov

      From: " Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...>

      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 07:54:19 -0400

      To: Fifth District ( MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com )< MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com >

      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

      Subject: [MPD-5D] Good arrests

      I’d like to make the community aware of some good arrests the officers and detectives at 5D have made recently.

      On Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon, March 23 and 24, two men turned themselves in at the Fifth District after warrants had been issued for them charging them with an armed robbery at a convenience store at North Capitol and New York Avenues on March 10, 2011.  The detectives did a great job of pursuing leads in this case and developing suspect information.  Warrants were issued not long after the robbery, and we have been searching for both men until they surrendered to police.

      In a second case, a pizza delivery driver was robbed at gunpoint by two men on Saturday, March 19, about 1 am, in the 200 block of S St., NE.  Fifth District detectives obtained information on both men, and after getting additional information linking both men to a different crime in Prince George ’s County, one man was arrested and charged with the robbery and another suspect has been identified and a warrant has been issued for him charging him with robbery.

      In a third case, a man was robbed yesterday, Thursday, March 24, shortly before 10 pm,.  Four young men robbed him         at knifepoint in the 200 block of R St., NE.   Uniformed and plainclothes officers stopped four suspects very quickly, and police were able to confirm that one of the young men had taken part in the robbery.  Another was arrested on an outstanding warrant.  Two others were stopped and identified but not charged.

      In the first two cases, detectives closed these cases through tough, diligent, thorough investigation.

      In the third case, patrol and tactical officers who had been deployed to the area to target violent crime made an arrest in a case almost immediately after it took place.

      I am glad to be able to deliver good news to the 5D community.  We’re working hard to fight crime.

      Andy Solberg

      Commander, 5D

      Monday, March 28, 2011
      Eastern Senior High School x2022; 1700 East Capitol Street, NE
      Doors open x2013; 5:00 pm x2022; Program begins x2013; 6:45 pm

      To learn more, visit www.dc.gov