Drug Activity at First and O Street NW

  • tvehunt
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 24, 2011
      To: Chief, Lanier, Assistant Chief, Groomes and Commander Solberg

      I just want to say as always thank you for sending the police out with the light towers in my neighborhood to keep the drug dealers and other criminals away from the area.

      Please continue to keep up the good work my neighbors and I greatly appreciate this.

      Thanks again.
    • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 24, 2011
        Thanks so much.  We certainly will.

        On Mar 24, 2011, at 4:00 PM, "tvehunt" <tvehunt@...> wrote:

        To: Chief, Lanier, Assistant Chief, Groomes and Commander Solberg

        I just want to say as always thank you for sending the police out with the light towers in my neighborhood to keep the drug dealers and other criminals away from the area.

        Please continue to keep up the good work my neighbors and I greatly appreciate this.

        Thanks again.

        Join us at the
        2011 State of the District Address

        Presented by:
        Mayor Vincent C. Gray

        Monday, March 28, 2011
        Eastern Senior High School • 1700 East Capitol Street, NE
        Doors open – 5:00 pm • Program begins – 6:45 pm

        To learn more, visit www.dc.gov

      • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 24, 2011

          Your welcome

          Monday, March 28, 2011

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 27, 2011
            Good Day MPD 5-D,

            This past weekend this Saturday and Sunday the Drug Dealers were all up and down on O Street NW from the corner of 90 to 68 O Street NW they were also, doing business in the SOME HOUSE parking lot and all through out this past Sunday evening they were mostly hanging out in front of house 90 and as always ESPECIALLY in front of house 78 O Street NW.!!

            Eventhough last night, the police were patrolling up and down on First Street and through out P Street NW but, I do not know if they the (police) were patrolling up and down on O Street NW by getting rid of these folks.!!

            Your response to this matter is greatly appreciated, Thank you.
          • Eldridge, Michael (MPD)
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 27, 2011

              Yes – we are aware of the O Street matter and working on the problem.  We are also working on the problems at the First and Florida Park .  As you know, it is difficult to ‘get rid’ of the people loitering on public space.  However, we are aggressively enforcing the closing of the parks at 9 PM to discourage folks hanging out in the neighborhood.  ME.

              Michael I. Eldridge

              Inspector/Director

              Disciplinary Review Branch

              801 Shepherd Street, Northwest

              Washington, D.C.  20011

              Office:  202-576-7066

              Cell:  202-657-9679

              “One City Summer Fun … Something for Everyone”
              Mayor Gray’s comprehensive summer program with fun activities, events and services for residents of all ages
              For more information visit
              www.onecitysummer.dc.gov  or call 311

              This past weekend this Saturday and Sunday the Drug Dealers were all up and down on O Street NW from the corner of 90 to 68 O Street NW they were also, doing business in the SOME HOUSE parking lot and all through out this past Sunday evening they were mostly hanging out in front of house 90 and as always ESPECIALLY in front of house 78 O Street NW.!!

              Eventhough last night, the police were patrolling up and down on First Street and through out P Street NW but, I do not know if they the (police) were patrolling up and down on O Street NW by getting rid of these folks.!!

              Your response to this matter is greatly appreciated, Thank you.

            • Katherine Fourmy
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 27, 2011
                Please pardon my questioning as I do not mean to be combative; just a concerned resident at 1st and O.  How is it determined that these people are 'drug dealers' as opposed to people loitering, or even just passing through?

                K Fourmy
              • cknightdc
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 27, 2011
                  Well as a resident and home owner on first and O street, I have seen with my own two eyes drug deals/drug use by the same group of guys over and over again as well as residents along O street being harassed by some of the individuals. I along with various others have posted on this site as well as called the police numerous times. I'm pretty sure that the people living here posting on this list-serve can distinguish the difference between someone that just passes through from one of the same old faces that deal/loiter and use drugs along first and all up and down O Street.

                  Chris

                  --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Katherine Fourmy <kfourmy@...> wrote:

                  > Please pardon my questioning as I do not mean to be combative; just a
                  > concerned resident at 1st and O. How is it determined that these people are
                  > 'drug dealers' as opposed to people loitering, or even just passing through?
                  >
                  > K Fourmy

                • tvehunt
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 26, 2012
                    The drug dealers are out here in the neighborhood again

                    Can the police come by and do something about this, because this situation is becoming an real old nuisance!!

                    A response is greatly appreciated.

                    Thank you.
                  • Eliza Auckerman

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 27, 2012
                        I live near that corner and see a group hanging out there frequently in the evenings and on the weekends. I have seen them playing a card game and money being exchanged as I've been stopped at the light. What I would like to know is when is it prudent to call the police and when not? I am sure the gambling should have been brought to the attention of police, but if a group is hanging out at that corner with no apparent suspicious behavior, should I really be calling the police then? I want unsavory characters to know their activities are not welcome in our neighborhood, especially with the school so close by. At the same time, I also don't want to be a bother to police or any group of individuals that happen to be gathered outside with no malicious intent. I appreciate any feedback our 5th District Officers can provide.

                        Thanks,
                        Matt Ernest
                        Truxton Circle Resident since 9/30/2011
                      • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 27, 2012

                          Good Morning Matt,

                          The officers here at the Fifth District and throughout the Metropolitan Police Department are here to respond to your calls for service.  Please do not hesitate to dial 911 and report ANY behavior you feel needs our attention.

                          Gambling of any sort on public space is illegal in the District of Columbia and often leads to violent crime.

                          We will be receiving recruit officers from the Police Academy for the Christmas Holiday season and several of them will be deployed in this area to address this type of activity.  The PSA manager, Lieutenant Randy Griffin, will also be meeting with his officers to implement the course of action for this area.

                          Thank You.

                          Capt. J. Brown

                          5th District

                          (202) 698-0288

                          Help 9-1-1 Save Your Life!
                          Create a free Safety Profile to provide critical, lifesaving data to 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency call today at
                          www.smart911.com.
                          Inform first responders in advance!