Giving our PSA Meetings CPR to Bring Back to Life

  • Geovani A Bonilla
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2011

      Tom and  Kathy thank you. I was just trying to understand why the poor participation and assessing if we need to perform CPR with the format of the meeting to bring it back to life.
      I agree there is a value in instant information as it raises awareness and vigilance. I also understand that sometimes work schedules conflict with meeting dates.

      What I get out of the meetings that the list serve cannot provide is the human contact, relationship building, and brainstorming with other members of the PSA and officers and knowledge exchange. I learn a lot from what other neighborhoods are doing and from others experience. We also identify trends throughout the PSA and hear about the challenges our officers face. We were successful at getting DCR to send a haz mat team to clean and board up a property because MPD brought the property to our attention.

      I hope your input helps make the PSA meetings more interactive and more appealing for people to come out.

      Be safe.

      Geovani

      Geovani A. Bonilla

      Bates Area Civic Association