Re: Not any good to 911 either .....

  • Shotokan8
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 3, 2006
      Thank you Mrs. Edwards,
      I too am appreciative of your responses and look forward to "being
      pleased with the outcome."

      I'm not sure if what you are referring to is the heavy police
      activity at 1417 1st St on I believe Sunday, but it was refreshing
      to see one of the major dealers (black male, mid-early 20s with a
      thick mustache) being arrested as well as police presence increased
      on 1st St. However what was unnerving was to see him again recently
      doing the same thing, and the same violent activity reoccuring last
      night.

      Hopefully it gets better longer than just couple days next time.

      ~Sheldon

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Edmonds, Francine (EOM)"
      <francine.edmonds@...> wrote:

      > Thank you kindly for your thoughts of appreciation, however there
      is very
      > little the Ward 5 Core team does without the assistance of the 5th
      District
      > Metropolitan Police Department. Again, we thank you and look
      forward to
      > continuing to serve the Ward 5 community.
      >
      > Francine P. Edmonds
      > Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Coordinator
      > Office of Neighborhood Services
      > 64 New York Avenue NE,
      > Room 4100
      > Washington, DC 20002
      > (202) 671-0726
      > (202) 671-0728 (Fax)
      > francine.edmonds@... <mailto:francine.edmonds@...>
      >
      > To request a scheduled service, call 202-727-1000 or visit
      > <http://www.src.dc.gov> www.src.dc.gov

      Behalf Of
> [...]
      > To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [MPD-5D] Re: Not any good to 911 either .....
      >
      > Ms. Edmonds,
      >
      > I would just like to say that I think you are doing a very
      admirable job
      > here. I actually
      > know little about your position is or what the core team
      responsibilities
      > are. My
      > impression so far is that the core team exists for the benefit of
      the
      > residents.
      > While reading the posts and your subsequent responses I think that
      you so
      > far have been
      > more active in addressing the 5D's concerns than the entire 5D
      police squad
      > combined to
      > date. My intention here is not to attack the 5D squad....I
      recognize that
      > they must know
      > they are assigned to one of the more challenging wards in the
      district.

      > I think you have provided some very valuable guidance that
      unfortunately
      > seems to go
      > unnoticed on this board.
      >
      > I have and continue to appreciate your personal attention given to
      the many
      > complaints
      > voiced in 5D.
      >
      > I do hope people join me here in thanking you for...if nothing
      else...your
      > efforts in reading
      > and RESPONDING to the concerns/complaints of our neighborhood.
      >
      > I trust you are doing all that you can do to improve our area.
      >

      > Much thanks.
      > Megan
      >
      > --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Edmonds, Francine (EOM)"
      > <francine.edmonds@d...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Both MPD and the Ward 5 Core team are working to address the
      issues that
      > > have been discussed on this listserv and the issues that have
      been brought
      > > to our attention via e-mails from residents. Please understand,
      we cannot
      > > go into the details of this situation, but we are certain you
      will be
      > > pleased with the outcome.
      > >
      > > Please continue to call MPD (311 or 911) with your complaints
      which the
      > USAO
      > > will us to assist them building a case against the property and
      the owner.

      > > Francine P. Edmonds
      > > Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Coordinator
      > > Office of Neighborhood Services
      > > 64 New York Avenue NE,
      > > Room 4100
      > > Washington, DC 20002
      > > (202) 671-0726
      > > (202) 671-0728 (Fax)
      > > francine.edmonds@d... <mailto:francine.edmonds@d...>
      > >
      > > To request a scheduled service, call 202-727-1000 or visit

      on all the
      > > parties involved and deals transpiring, nothing was done ... I
      witnessed a
      > > drug transaction take place and later saw the same group of
      individuals
      > > openly smoking pot on the street.
      > >
      > > I hear talk talk talk that they (MPD) wants our involvement but
      when we
      > > provide them what they ask for, nothing is done.
      > >
      > > Can MPD tell me what action was done in response to my two 911
      calls on
      > > Monday evening?

      lYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDMWF1dG9z/*http:/autos.yahoo.com/index.html> .
      Looking
      > > for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new and used
      cars.

      > > Law
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads? <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?>
      > t=ms&k=Law+enforcement&w1=Law+enforcement&w2=P

      olice+department&w3=Fifth&w4=Crime+scene+investigation&w5=Law+enforce
      ment+ca
      > > reer&w6=Law+enforcement+training&c=6&s=144&.sig=PAi-90c-
      ifoEX8dT1v5eCg>
      > > enforcement
      > > Police
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads? <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?>
      > t=ms&k=Police+department&w1=Law+enforcement&w2

      =Police+department&w3=Fifth&w4=Crime+scene+investigation&w5=Law+enfor
      cement+

      career&w6=Law+enforcement+training&c=6&s=144&.sig=q0qjDCwwmENfu7oi32l
      j8g>
      > > department
      > > Fifth
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads? <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?>
      > t=ms&k=Fifth&w1=Law+enforcement&w2=Police+depa

      rtment&w3=Fifth&w4=Crime+scene+investigation&w5=Law+enforcement+caree
      r&w6=La
      > > w+enforcement+training&c=6&s=144&.sig=j3ijPuJ3Q-8GG06r04qkGw>
      > >
      > > Crime
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads? <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?>
      > t=ms&k=Crime+scene+investigation&w1=Law+enforc

      ement&w2=Police+department&w3=Fifth&w4=Crime+scene+investigation&w5=L
      aw+enf

      rcement+career&w6=Law+enforcement+training&c=6&s=144&.sig=CkAWPFFShfL
      E44gkb
      > > TNag> scene investigation
      > > Law
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads? <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?>
      > t=ms&k=Law+enforcement+career&w1=Law+enforceme

      nt&w2=Police+department&w3=Fifth&w4=Crime+scene+investigation&w5=Law+
      enforce

      ment+career&w6=Law+enforcement+training&c=6&s=144&.sig=SCqClSVSS0kbRl
      bYpLlyz
      > > w> enforcement career
      > > Law
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads? <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?>
      > t=ms&k=Law+enforcement+training&w1=Law+enforce

      ment&w2=Police+department&w3=Fifth&w4=Crime+scene+investigation&w5=La
      w+enfor

      cement+career&w6=Law+enforcement+training&c=6&s=144&.sig=C2_qKpcPQ9Zp
      YcQ1I6

      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MPD-5D
      > > on the web.

      > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> >
      > Terms of Service.
      > >
      > > _____

      > Law
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Law+enforcement&w1=Law+enforcement&w2=P

      olice+department&w3=Fifth&w4=Crime+scene+investigation&w5=Law+enforce
      ment+ca
      > reer&w6=Law+enforcement+training&c=6&s=144&.sig=PAi-90c-
      ifoEX8dT1v5eCg>
      > enforcement
      > Police
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Police+department&w1=Law+enforcement&w2

      =Police+department&w3=Fifth&w4=Crime+scene+investigation&w5=Law+enfor
      cement+

      career&w6=Law+enforcement+training&c=6&s=144&.sig=q0qjDCwwmENfu7oi32l
      j8g>
      > department
      > Fifth
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Fifth&w1=Law+enforcement&w2=Police+depa

      rtment&w3=Fifth&w4=Crime+scene+investigation&w5=Law+enforcement+caree
      r&w6=La
      > w+enforcement+training&c=6&s=144&.sig=j3ijPuJ3Q-8GG06r04qkGw>
      >
      > Crime
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Crime+scene+investigation&w1=Law+enforc

      ement&w2=Police+department&w3=Fifth&w4=Crime+scene+investigation&w5=L
      aw+enfo

      rcement+career&w6=Law+enforcement+training&c=6&s=144&.sig=CkAWPFFShfL
      E44gkbV
      > TNag> scene investigation
      > Law
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Law+enforcement+career&w1=Law+enforceme

      nt&w2=Police+department&w3=Fifth&w4=Crime+scene+investigation&w5=Law+
      enforce

      ment+career&w6=Law+enforcement+training&c=6&s=144&.sig=SCqClSVSS0kbRl
      bYpLlyz
      > w> enforcement career
      > Law
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Law+enforcement+training&w1=Law+enforce

      ment&w2=Police+department&w3=Fifth&w4=Crime+scene+investigation&w5=La
      w+enfor

      cement+career&w6=Law+enforcement+training&c=6&s=144&.sig=C2_qKpcPQ9Zp
      YcQ1I6n
      > rsw> enforcement training
      >
      > _____
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS