RE: [MPD-5D] Question for Police/City Authorities

  • Caro Alcuaz
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 2, 2006
      Good Day.

      I was at the Home Depot / Giant  the other day and I noticed a 2 police persons talking to some men (3 or more) standing around the parking lot.  After a while the men left.

      My questions are...

      1. Is this parking lot public space?
      2. If it is, why were the men dispersed

      I also see some individuals who seem to be of school age walking the streets on school days.  I believe that the law requires these children to be in school.

      3. How do we deal with this?
      4. Whom should I call?

      I constantly see people, even children, crossing New York Avenue (and North Capitol) when the signal for the pedestrian is red.  There is even a button to facilitate timely crossings.  I've read that this is one of the most dangerous intersections in DC.

      4. What is the definition of jaywalking?
      5. What can be done about this? (I suggest some tickets/citations)

      Thank you very much.

    • Edmonds, Francine (EOM)
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 14, 2006

        COB means Close of Business.

        Francine P. Edmonds

        Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Coordinator

        Office of Neighborhood Services

        64 New York Avenue NE,

        Room 4100

        Washington, DC 20002