RE: [MPD-5D]

  • Patrick Nelson
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 1, 2006
      I have to say since I moved here about 18 months ago, I'm seeing fewer and fewer patrols in our neck of the woods, too (19th & H Sts NE). We seem to have a gang hanging out on the 800 block of 18th Street doing the same type of drivebys. I witnessed a fight there a couple of weeks ago as I was driving home. I called 311, but since I can't see that area from my house I have no idea if anyone ever showed up.
      I guess they've moved all our officers over to Adams Morgan to keep the MD and VA residents safe while they're clubbing it up in the richer wards...

      "Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism"
      -Howard Zinn, Historian

      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 4, 2006
        Note:  Correction, the second paragraph is what I wrote, not the first or third paragraph.  "Vincent Orange says drug dealers have rights..." that was my statement not the other 2.  Thanks...Gwen
        In a message dated 1/31/2006 12:11:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, tvehunt@... writes:
        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, gwensouth@a... wrote:

        It is obvious that Vincent Orange is just like most polictians they
        want your vote just to maintain their upper class life style but,
        yet once they are voted in office, they do not do the job for which
        the citizens has voted for them to do in the first place.  People
        like V. Orange fell to realize that the same people that voted him
        in office can very well vote his ass out of his political office.  I
        have called his office a few times for the same type of issues like
        everyone else and he does absolutely NOTHING!!!   Remember what
        happen to K. Chavous, S. Allen and H. Brazil they took citizens
        votes for granted.  As for Orange, I always knew that he was not cut
        out to be a ward counsilman in the first place, he not even from DC,
        he is from California and that should tell you all right there that
        he is clueless about the ways of this city.  I myself have never
        voted for him in ward 5 NOT AT ALL!!

        > Here's another Vincent Orange statement, at an ANC/SMD meeting a
        few years
        > ago, when questioned about the problem of drug dealers on the
        street:  "Gwen,
        > drug dealers have rights too."  And that's a quote.  So don't look
        for any help
        > from him to stop the drug dealing in your neighborhood.
        > Gwen Southerland
        > In a message dated 01/27/2006 9:43:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        > jennifer.greene@d... writes:
        > Vincent Orange made the ignorant statement that... "if white people
        > called the police more, then 5D will take action."  Never have I
        > heard such absurd remarks from someone so interested in becoming a
        > policital leader.  While his comment had an element of truth, it is
        > a sad state of affairs when families with incomes at or above the
        > middle class income level can't get action from the police simply
        > because of the color of their skin, in a city that is predominately
        > Black.

        Yahoo! Groups Links