Re: [MPD-5D]

  • tmanago538
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 31, 2006
      Well I've lived here for 3.5 months and I work from home. I have
      only seen the police on 2nd St. (btw RI & T St) ONCE.

      So as far as I'm concerned we don't have ANY patrol. It's sad! I
      truly believe that an innocent, tax paying, law abiding citizen will
      have to become a victim of a senseless crime in order for 5D to
      patrol the mean streets of Eckington.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, cydney fowler <cydney.fowler@g...>
      wrote:

      > I love that with Eckington's status as as "Hot Spot," I still only
      see MPD
      > patrols in my neighborhood once a week. I am a resident of U
      street NE
      > between Lincoln Rd and 2nd Street. Not only has there been
      increased drug
      > activity, there have been NO efforts to thwart the activity by 5D.
      > Honestly, I see more police cars on a Saturday afternoon in
      Georgetown than
      > I EVER do in my neighborhood in eckington.
      >
      > Without the help and PROactivism of MPD 5D, our neighborhood will
      never get
      > rid of those that make it a dangerous place to live.

    • Patrick Nelson
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 1, 2006
        I have to say since I moved here about 18 months ago, I'm seeing fewer and fewer patrols in our neck of the woods, too (19th & H Sts NE). We seem to have a gang hanging out on the 800 block of 18th Street doing the same type of drivebys. I witnessed a fight there a couple of weeks ago as I was driving home. I called 311, but since I can't see that area from my house I have no idea if anyone ever showed up.

        I guess they've moved all our officers over to Adams Morgan to keep the MD and VA residents safe while they're clubbing it up in the richer wards...

        +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

        "Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism"
        -Howard Zinn, Historian

      • gwensouth@aol.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 4, 2006
          Note:  Correction, the second paragraph is what I wrote, not the first or third paragraph.  "Vincent Orange says drug dealers have rights..." that was my statement not the other 2.  Thanks...Gwen

          In a message dated 1/31/2006 12:11:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, tvehunt@... writes:
          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, gwensouth@a... wrote:

          It is obvious that Vincent Orange is just like most polictians they
          want your vote just to maintain their upper class life style but,
          yet once they are voted in office, they do not do the job for which
          the citizens has voted for them to do in the first place.  People
          like V. Orange fell to realize that the same people that voted him
          in office can very well vote his ass out of his political office.  I
          have called his office a few times for the same type of issues like
          everyone else and he does absolutely NOTHING!!!   Remember what
          happen to K. Chavous, S. Allen and H. Brazil they took citizens
          votes for granted.  As for Orange, I always knew that he was not cut
          out to be a ward counsilman in the first place, he not even from DC,
          he is from California and that should tell you all right there that
          he is clueless about the ways of this city.  I myself have never
          voted for him in ward 5 NOT AT ALL!!

          > Here's another Vincent Orange statement, at an ANC/SMD meeting a
          few years
          > ago, when questioned about the problem of drug dealers on the
          street:  "Gwen,
          > drug dealers have rights too."  And that's a quote.  So don't look
          for any help
          > from him to stop the drug dealing in your neighborhood.
          > Gwen Southerland
          >

          > In a message dated 01/27/2006 9:43:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          > jennifer.greene@d... writes:
          > Vincent Orange made the ignorant statement that... "if white people
          > called the police more, then 5D will take action."  Never have I
          > heard such absurd remarks from someone so interested in becoming a
          > policital leader.  While his comment had an element of truth, it is
          > a sad state of affairs when families with incomes at or above the
          > middle class income level can't get action from the police simply
          > because of the color of their skin, in a city that is predominately
          > Black.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/