Re: [MPD-5D]

  • b t
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 30, 2006
      I am not at or above the middle income level, quite the contrary, but I am becoming more and more disturbed by the things I am seeing; knowing it's not going to do any good to call 311, (much less 911).

      The drug dealers are breaking the law - the rights they have is to a fair trial, etc. They do NOT have a right to a spot for an open air drug territory to work!

      We pay the salaries of the police, as well as that of the very seat Mr Orange hopes to occupy. I would have to say my mind is made up as far as who NOT to vote for - Large sign and office space on H street in China Town or not! Comments such as these -- are very telling of the true constituency he hopes to woo for votes; positively frightening!

      I'm also becoming fearful of getting off the bus and walking home in the neighborhood - something I never was before; especially with the new neighbors I've acquired on Thomas Street -- the fact they're now hanging out on the street and on the corner on First and Thomas (right where I walk past) as well.

      From: gwensouth@...
      Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:06:44 EST

      >Here's another Vincent Orange statement, at an ANC/SMD meeting a few years
      >ago, when questioned about the problem of drug dealers on the street: "Gwen,
      >drug dealers have rights too." And that's a quote. So don't look for any help
      >from him to stop the drug dealing in your neighborhood.
      >Gwen Southerland
      >

      >In a message dated 01/27/2006 9:43:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      >jennifer.greene@... writes:
      >Vincent Orange made the ignorant statement that... "if white people
      >called the police more, then 5D will take action." Never have I
      >heard such absurd remarks from someone so interested in becoming a
      >policital leader. While his comment had an element of truth, it is
      >a sad state of affairs when families with incomes at or above the
      >middle class income level can't get action from the police simply
      >because of the color of their skin, in a city that is predominately
      >Black.

    • Edmonds, Francine (EOM)
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 14, 2006

        COB means Close of Business.

        Francine P. Edmonds

        Ward 5 Neighborhood Services Coordinator

        Office of Neighborhood Services

        64 New York Avenue NE,

        Room 4100

        Washington, DC 20002