92Re: Shooting last night/Troublesome buildings--What can we do?

  • baringlake
    Mar 2, 2005
      Thank you for passing along this information. I know the Brookland
      area has been having trouble with a group of male teenagers robbing
      people at gunpoint, so it really makes me wonder if they're related.

      I don't know the exact address of the warehouse, but it's in the
      2600 block of Reed St NE, between Rhode Island Ave and Evarts St.
      It's directly behind Calvary Christian Academy. I think it may have
      once been owned by the DC govt (thought I saw an old govt sign), but
      it now has a huge sign on the side facing the metro tracks
      advertising it "for lease" and giving the number for Douglas
      Development. Even though it's supposedly for lease, I haven't seen
      anything happen to it. And the fence surrounding it is woefully
      inadequate, so it keeps getting pulled down. Most of the windows
      have been broken, and there's a ton of graffiti on the side facing
      the metro tracks.

      Jen

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Henderson, Kathy (EOM)"
      <kathy.henderson@d...> wrote:
      > What is the exact address of the warehouse on Reed Street? Thanks.

      What can we
      > do?
      >
      > We're showing this a robbery hold up gun at approximately 12:43
      a.m. When
      > the complainant advised that he didn't have any money, the
      suspects (3 b/m's
      > 18-20 years) old, directed him to take off his clothes. The
      complainant was
      > then told to run and a number of gunshots were fired with none
      taking
      > effect. One of the suspect vehicles was recovered and is
      currently being
      > processed. I'll provide additional details as they become
      available.

      > Captain Patrick A. Burke
      > Fifth District, MPDC
      > Buckle Up, Drive Safe and Make a Difference!
      >
      > Office: 202 727-4488
      > Pager: 888 523-7099

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic