7552300 block of W Street NE needs immediate police presence 24/7 - picture from last night attached

  • Steven Conn
    Mar 7, 2010
      Dear Commander Greene, please dispatch the light towers, 24/7 police presence, whatever needs to be done to thwart the loiterers and drug dealers that continue to hold the 300 block of W Street NE hostage on a daily basis. Everyday I call to have Residential Parking Permit enforced to try and get them off my block, but it's not working.

      Attached is a picture I snapped out my upstairs window of the 14 loiterers perched on my fence, immediately in front of the house, and there were countless others up and down the 300 block of W Street NE last night, 06MAR10. My other concerned neighbor and I had to call 911 several times last night. Although the loiterers are dispersed, they always re-congregate after the police cruisers leave the block.

      Dinner guests due to join me in my home canceled when they drove up. I wouldn't get out of my car either. In turn, I'm held hostage in my own home. I am absolutely ashamed to live in this community. There is NOWAY this type of behavior would be tolerated in other parts of D.C.

      Help is needed immediately. I am also attaching a picture from last year, taken 24APR09 showing the daily block parties. This is an annual problem, and we're losing the battle for our block. The 300 block of W Street NE (the drug drive-thru, as I call it) needs immediate and constant police presence.

      Thanks and best regards,

      Steven

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic