      From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wed Jan 06 18:29:35 2010
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Tow truck

      As we are talking about vehicles - I am wondering what can be done about vehicles that are abandoned in someones backyard, collecting weeds, trash and rats and that were previously abandoned on the street (with airbags deployed etc).  I believe it is a Section 8 household if that makes any difference in what can or cannot be done.

      This vehicle not only parks illegally, but the personal vehicle at this household has out of state tags and this has been going on for five years also there are five unregistered vehicles parked on a vacant lot at 3100 Douglas St NE no tags.
      From: corinne.hughes@ dc.gov
      Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:06:23 -0500

      Grabbing some lunch, working on the computer, and taking a nap is
      different than parking overnight in a residential community. This is
      why there is a two-hour limit for residential parking, and the fact that residents have sent an email stating that this vehicle is always
      parked in the community gives us cause for concern. We have taken steps to address this vehicle by issuing tickets.