6977FW: Definition- Snow Emergency

  • Reports, MPD (MPD)
    Dec 8, 2009
      See below response from DDOT to a Ward Four resident regarding snow emergencies. CC: MPD

      From: Marootian, Jeffrey (DDOT)
      Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 8:56 PM
      Subject: RE: What Is The Definition Of A Snow Emergency Route In The District of Columbia

      Thank you for your email. Your assertion is correct. Vehicles are not allowed to park on these routes during a declared "Snow Emergency." Although there was snowfall this past weekend, it was not declared a "Snow Emergency" and therefore vehicles were allowed to remain parked.

      Residents will be notified through a number of public announcements in the event that a snow emergency is declared. One can always check our website or call 311 to get the most current information when there are inclement weather conditions.

      Regards,

      Jeff Marootian