5634Re: All Hands on Deck this Weekend at Metropolitan Police Department

  • tvehunt
    Apr 25 5:50 PM
      Good Evening, I realize that this is a All Hands on Deck Weekend but as always this drug boys do not think crap stinks, now that the weather is warm they are out here right now as we speak near First and O street NW smoking and selling dope.

      Please send the police check things out in this neighborhood.

      Thank you.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Smith, Yvonne (MPD)" <yvonne.smith@...> wrote:

      > MPD Announces First Phase of All Hands on Deck for 2009
      >
      > http://www.mpdc.dc.gov <http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/>
      >

      > Careers at MPD: http://dcpolice.jobs/careers.aspx
      >

      > News Release
      >

      > For Immediate Release
      >

      > Contact: Gwendolyn Crump (202) 727-4383
      >

      > April 23, 2009
      >

      > POLICE CHIEF ANNOUNCES FIRST PHASE OF ALL HANDS ON DECK 2009
      >

      > (WASHINGTON, DC) - Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier announced
      > today PHASE I of All Hands on Deck 2009, which will begin at 6 am
      > Friday, April 24 and continue through 6 am on Sunday, April 26, 2009.
      >

      > During AHOD, all available sworn MPD personnel will be on patrol
      > throughout the District emphasizing community policing, focused law
      > enforcement and community outreach. This will include increased foot
      > beats, homicide detectives following up with victims, and recruits
      > passing out specific crime related information.
      >

      > Last year, all five AHOD's netted more than 2,300 arrests.
      >

      > The Metropolitan Police Department offers a reward of up to $25,000 to
      > anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction
      > of the person or persons responsible for any unsolved homicide committed
      > in the District of Columbia.
      >

      > The MPD is reminding residents, or anyone else who may know of a robbery
      > that occurred in the District, that the MPD offers a reward of up to
      > $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and
      > conviction of the person(s) responsible for any armed robbery or a
      > robbery that results in serious bodily injury.
      >

      > Anyone who has information about a crime may call police at (202)
      > 727-9099 or 1-888-919-CRIM[E] (1-888-919-2746). Additionally, anonymous
      > information may be submitted to the department's TEXT TIP LINE by text
      > messaging 50411.
      >

      > # # #

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic