5135Re: [MPD-5D] Homicide 300 block of S Street, NE

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Jan 31, 2009
      This sounds like a rationalization for not getting involved. When you adopt such a position you send a clear message that you will tolerate disorderly behavior in your community. How many citizens in Georgetown would listen to such an exchange and say and do nothing? It is likely the police would have received several calls from concerned neighbors before the angry participants reached the end of the block. Let the police decide how to handle such matters; it is our job to call them.

      Each of us has a responsibility to keep our respective communities safe and that responsibility certainly includes calling the police when we witness disorderly and or criminal behavior. Do not wait until it is someone that you know that needs assistance. We have a right to address the type of behavior you described by calling the police and an obligation to report all disturbances and crimes. Safe neighborhoods do not just happen, they are made.

      Kathy Henderson

      Great Deals on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic