4325MPD Press Release: DEA Officials and Metropolitan Police Announce Two Arrests

  • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
    Aug 22 7:25 AM

      Official press release attached- Adobe file       (Text Below for Daily Digest Users)

      August 20, 2008

      DEA Officials and Metropolitan Police Announce Two Arrests

      Officials from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the Metropolitan Police Department’s Narcotics and Special Investigations Division (NSID) Gun Recovery Unit announced today two arrests in a suspected drug ring operating in an apartment in Southeast, DC.

      At approximately, 4 am Tuesday, August 19, 2008, DEA agents and the NSID Gun Recovery Unit executed a search warrant in an apartment in the 2200 block of Hunter Place, SE.

      Arrested were Stacy Moore, 36, and Carol Samoun, 23, who were charged with Possession with Intent to Distribute Cocaine and Cocaine Base. Moore and Samoun were presented Tuesday before a US Magistrate in US District Court who scheduled their detention hearing for Thursday, August 21, 2008. Additional charges are pending.

      “With significant arrests such as these, we and our partners in the Metropolitan Police Department will continue our relentless pursuit of violent organizations that impact the quality of life for the citizens of the District,” said Shawn Johnson, DEA Special Agent in Charge, Washington Field Division.

      Authorities seized three firearms and ammunition, powder cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin and Ecstasy with a street value of approximately $70,830. They also confiscated cash, approximately $80,000 worth of jewelry, drug paraphernalia, computers, two vehicles and other items.

      “I have said it before, and I will say it again, the District of Columbia will not be a place where you can come and sell drugs, use guns and engage in violent activity,” said Police Chief Cathy L Lanier. “We won’t tolerate it and we will find and arrest you.”

      The following items of evidence were seized:

      .223 caliber assault rifle

      .45 caliber assault pistol

      .40 caliber semi-automatic pistol

      515 grams of powder cocaine

      62 grams of crack cocaine

      34 grams of heroin

      490 tablets of MDMA (Ecstacy)

      $7,773  in cash

      Approximately $80,000 in jewelry

      Two GPS vehicle tracking devices

      assorted ammunition

      Two money counting machines

      Three digital scales

      Two laptop computers

      Three flat-screen HD TVs

      2003 Range Rover SUV

      1973 Vintage Pontiac Grandville convertible

      drug paraphernalia

      ### End of Press Release