362Re: Murder in the park

  • Bill and Rob
    Jun 9, 2005
      Mr. Craig,

      As the aging neighbors in our community are moving away from the
      area, younger families are beginning to move into the area. Consider
      that a child's safety is of a high concern for a parent to consider
      when looking at neighborhoods and when trying to protect their
      families from harm.

      Because you don't provide details and stats for the neighborhood,
      I'm assuming:

      1. The killer has not been caught.
      2. Crime stats for the year in our neighborhood are worse than last
      year's stats.

      If you are unwilling to share the details in a written forum such as
      this, is there another media that you would be willing to
      communicate the requested information to us. Ms. Lumpe is not the
      only neighbor interested in learning more about this matter. June
      11th is the next Police - Community meeting, would it possible to
      provide a mid-year review on offenses committed in our neighborhoods
      and surrounding neighborhoods, as well as a status report on what
      efforts are underway (both successful and unsuccessful) to keep our
      children and neighbors safe?

      Best always,
      Bill

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Craig, Donald \(MPD\)"
      <Donald.Craig@d...> wrote:
      > Ms. Lumpe,
      >
      > The murder occurred on a playground in the Edgewood Community.
      This was an isolated incident and the park is for the most part very
      safe. I can't put any more details here but if you e-mail me
      directly at Donald.Craig@d... I would be happy to provide a few more
      details.

      > ________________________________

      This
      > presumably is it:
      > >
      > > http://app.mpdc.dc.gov/newsroom/newsroom.asp?mpdcNav=|31417|.
      > >
      > > RL
      > >
      > > brooklander@a... wrote:
      > > Does anyone know of the murder that occured recently here in
      Brookland? My
      > > friends boss lives behind the Safeway on RI and said she went to
      the park
      > (not
      > > sure which one) last weekend and saw a man propped up on some
      play
      > equipment. A
      > > child who was already there asked her to call 911 because the
      man was
      > > bleeding. The man was as actually dead. I havent seen anything
      about this
      > on the
      > > listserv. Any info would be appreciated.
      > >
      > > ES
      > > 13th Street

      Service.

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links