2771weather and traffic/street closures

  • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
    Feb 12, 2008

      ALL –

      Due the icy and wet conditions of the roadways multiple vehicular accidents are occurring during rush hour .. thus MPD is deployed to handle this multiple accidents, road closures and DPW is out in force with sand and salt trucks …………..at this time we are working on below:

      2500-2700 MLK AVE – 4 car accident – roadway blocked

      14th St Bridge – 11 car accident – 2 SB lanes are blocked

      11th ST Bridge – one bus and multiple car accident – SB lanes blocked

      12th ST Tunnel Closed at this time due to road conditions and accident occurring

      I ask that citizens take their time driving to get home ….the road conditions are extremely slippery.. those walking please stay on sidewalk areas

      DIANE C GROOMES

      Assistant Chief of Police

      801 Shepherd St NW, 20011

      202 576-6660 office