2729Ms. Edna Ross

  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
    Feb 1, 2008

      I want to take this opportunity to express to the residents and police officers of the Fifth District my sincere appreciation for the life of Ms. Edna Ross, whose service will be held on Saturday.  There is a void in the community right now.  The vacancy announcement should read, "community activist/crime-fighting partner needed", must develop a strong partnership with officers of the Fifth District to address crime concerns and improve the quality of life in the neighborhoods, must be willing to work around the clock with other community activists and serve as the eyes and the ears of the community with no days off.  This position requires a strong backbone, a smiling face  and a loving heart. Large shoes to fill.   Ms. Ross will truly be missed.

      Cathy Lanier

      Chief of Police

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic