2486Re: [MPD-5D] police presence on 1st St NW in PSA 501

  • sara kaufman
    Dec 23, 2007
      Thank you for the additional attention to Bloomingdale!
      Can anyone at MPD advise if the patrols also loop through the Crispus Attucks Park? Which is between the unit blocks of U and V street;  accessible from an alley just off First Street.  The park has had a recurrence of vandalism;  a few other issues were emailed directly to the PSA 501 LT and Captain.
      Thank you and wishing you a Silent Night for the Holidays
      Sara @ 1st and W
      cc:  John Corea - Crispus Attucks Park President
      On Dec 22, 2007 10:52 PM, <scott@...> wrote:

      This is Scott Roberts of Bloomingdale in PSA 501.
      Below is an email that I received this evening from a Bloomingdale resident:
      On Friday [December 21, 2007] on my way home from work around 5 PM, I was driving down 1st Street NW, crossing Florida Ave. NW, and there were at least 20 officers walking down first street toward Rhode Island Ave NW.
      When my partner and I left the house around 7:30 pm heading from Rhode Island Ave toward NY Ave. NW, the officers were walking back down 1st Street toward Florida NW .
      We stopped and thanked them for being here, a number of them smiled and yelled back, your welcome. Today we went shopping and there were three police cars at the intersection of 1st and Florida NW again, I think / hope they were all out walking again!
      I would like to think that the police department is finally hearing and understanding what is going on here in Bloomingdale.  Has anyone heard anything about why the officers are here?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic