      From:   tvehunt [mailto:tvehunt@...]
      Sent:   Saturday, November 03, 2007 07:26 PM Eastern Standard Time
      To:     MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject:        [MPD-5D] Re: Bringing order to O Street NW through citizen involvement

      Good Evening All:

      This question is for Asst. Chief Groomes and/or Commander Greene,

      Were you all able to see and monitor from the surveillance camera at
      1st and O Street NW refering to the young man by the name of Mr.
      Marshall who were shot and killed I believe on October 25?  If so,
      were you all able to make an arrest?

      Also, I like to say thanks to Asst. Chief Groomes for sending in DC
      Public Works to trim down the trees near by the camera at 1st and O
      Street NW except for one good suggestion, the other tree that sits
      on the exact corner of 1st and O Street NW near by the empty lot
      next to the house of 83 O Street NW could use a trim as well in
      order to get a good view of what be going on the unit block of O
      Street where the homicide occured at.

      Just a good sound suggestion worth looking into.  Also I am starting
      to see that the police are out here in full force surrounding this
      entire area, GOOD JOB to you all at MPD-5D.  I just hope that this
      heavy police presence will last like this from now on until the
      nieghborhood changes for the better.

      Thank you all.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Greene, Lamar \(MPD\)"
      <lamar.greene@...> wrote:

      > Your help and assistance is welcomed and I look forward to hearing
      form you.  I will return to the office early in the am.  The most
      successful crime prevention successes always involve a strong
      presence and concern from the community. thank you

      > Lamar D. Greene
      > Commander
      > Fifth District

      > ________________________________

      next to SOME.  Things were pretty much the same, this was 20 years
      ago.

      > Until we start having a serious conversation about prohibition in
      this Country, things are not going to get better.  Americans have an
      unquenchable taste for drugs........and as long as there is an
      illicit market.......think in terms of Chicago during alcohol
      prohibition, the exact same scenario has been playing out in this
      neighborhood since before I was born.  Talk to Mrs. Johnson on
      Hanover, she has lived here for over 60 years.

      <diane.groomes@...>
      > Sent: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 7:50 am
      > Subject: [MPD-5D] Bringing order to O Street NW through citizen
      involvement

      > Captain Delgado,

      > It was good to see you and Commander Greene last night at the
      Citizens Advisory Council meeting.  On my way home, I happened upon
      the scene at 1st and O, and received a briefing from Commander
      Scott.

      > I would like to work with all of you to turn this block around.
      There have been great successes in recent months on other unit
      blocks in the area with residents gathering together to fight
      crime.  Given that there are fewer residents living on O Street than
      other unit blocks, we may want to include nearby 1st street
      residents and a representative from SOME in our strategy sessions.

      <mailto:edward.delgado@...> >