19170Join Our Community for this Annual Community Garden Walk and Reception

  • Geovani A Bonilla
    Jun 10, 2014

      Flower Power 2014

      GARDEN walk and reception

      Hello Friends and Neighbors!

      It is once again time to enjoy the warmth and wonderful plants, flowers, and colors of our nation’s capital.  BACA invites you to beautify your yard and be a part of Flower Power, our annual neighborhood garden walk and reception.

      ·         During the WALK, you will view some of the best gardens in our area, as well as the unique styles and architecture of our homes.

      ·         We invite you VOTE on your favorite front yards, back yards, and tree boxes for each street.  Awards will be provided to the winners.

      ·         After the walk, there will be a garden RECEPTION to catch up with old friends and neighbors and meet new ones.

      When and Where:  SATURDAY, JUNE 28, 2014

      3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Neighborhood Garden Walk.

      Walk will start at the Florida Avenue Park between 1st St and 2nd St NW .  Groups will leave at 3:00 and 3:30.

      5:30 p.m. – ? Garden Reception at 89 P St NW with light snacks and

      beverages.

      Cost:  Tickets are $10.00 each.  They may be purchased online via batesareacivicassociation.org, from a Flower Power committee member, or on the day of the event.

      For more information or tickets, you may contact:

      Christa Fields at 214-450-8492 or christasf@...

      About Bates Area Civic Association (BACA) batesareacivicassociation.org, Twitter: @dcbaca, www.facebook.com/groups/bacadc

      BACA is a community non-profit organization that serves as a liaison between the residents of this community, Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) 5E, the City Council, and the District of Columbia Government on quality of life issues, including economic development, public safety, and human development.  The BACA boundaries are North Capitol Street on the east, New Jersey Avenue on the west, Florida Avenue on the north, and P Street on the south.

      Geovani A. Bonilla

      Bates Area Civic Association

      Email: gbonilla@...