18458RE: [MPD-5D] Enforcement on 4th St against no-permit building

  • Kyle, Ramey (MPD)
    Mar 12, 2014
      I will look into this property and forward your complaint to DCRA.  If you observe the construction crews working in violation of the Stop Work Order, you can report  the illegal construction to DCRA’s Illegal Construction Unit, at (202) 442-STOP (7867) or call 311 during non-business hours and you will be routed to an on-duty inspector.

      Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additonal questions or concerns.

      For your information:

      Penalties and Stop Work Orders

      There is a $2000 fine per infraction for:

      • Work without a permit
      • Work outside the scope of a permit
      • Work before 7am or after 7pm Monday through Saturday or any time on Sunday, and on holidays.

      If you break these laws again, you may be fined up to $4,000 per infraction.

      If you get a Stop Work Order for illegal construction, you will also have to pay a fine of 50 percent of the cost of the permit you should have obtained.

      DCRA will not release the Stop Work Order until you pay the permit fee and fine

      Thanks,

      Lieutenant Ramey Kyle

      Fifth District, PSA 501

      1805 Bladensburg Road, Northeast

      Washington, D.C. 20002

      202-698-0150 station

      202-698-0262 office

      202-384-7577 cell

      As you spring forward, check your smoke alarm. It may be time for a new one. The DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department provides free installations of smoke alarms for owner-occupied District homes. Request an installation at http://311.dc.gov or call 202-673-3331.