Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

18458RE: [MPD-5D] Enforcement on 4th St against no-permit building

Expand Messages
  • Kyle, Ramey (MPD)
    Mar 12, 2014
      I will look into this property and forward your complaint to DCRA.  If you observe the construction crews working in violation of the Stop Work Order, you can report  the illegal construction to DCRA’s Illegal Construction Unit, at (202) 442-STOP (7867) or call 311 during non-business hours and you will be routed to an on-duty inspector.  

      Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additonal questions or concerns.

      For your information:

      Penalties and Stop Work Orders

      There is a $2000 fine per infraction for:

      • Work without a permit
      • Work outside the scope of a permit
      • Work before 7am or after 7pm Monday through Saturday or any time on Sunday, and on holidays.

      If you break these laws again, you may be fined up to $4,000 per infraction.

      If you get a Stop Work Order for illegal construction, you will also have to pay a fine of 50 percent of the cost of the permit you should have obtained.

      DCRA will not release the Stop Work Order until you pay the permit fee and fine



      Lieutenant Ramey Kyle

      Fifth District, PSA 501 

      1805 Bladensburg Road, Northeast

      Washington, D.C. 20002

      202-698-0150 station

      202-698-0262 office

      202-384-7577 cell

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this email is the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement sensitive. This email should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorized users. It should only be used by the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail at the address shown above. This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient.



      As you spring forward, check your smoke alarm. It may be time for a new one. The DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department provides free installations of smoke alarms for owner-occupied District homes. Request an installation at http://311.dc.gov or call 202-673-3331.

      From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com [MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of studermw@... [studermw@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:27 AM
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [MPD-5D] Enforcement on 4th St against no-permit building


      There is a house going up on 4th St between P and Q Sts NW (1500 blk 4th St NW) that has two stop work orders (orange signs) posted, but work seems to be continuing on. After the first sign was posted, workers illegally blocked off street parking on Saturday (no official signs issued by DPW or DDOT) and brought in a cement truck to pour the foundation of what seems to be an illegal building. What recourse do we have if the owner/construction crew keep building with stop work orders issued? Can we call MPD to come and check the situation out if there is another secret Saturday construction party?

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic