18177Significant Burglary and Theft From Auto Arrests Made Overnight in 5D

  • Beach, Mark (MPD)
    Feb 6, 2014

      The Fifth Police District, now under the leadership of Patrol Commander Dierdre Porter, announce significant Burglary and Theft From Automobile Arrests made overnight.

      CASE SUMMARIES:

      Burglary I (First Degree- Occupied Dwelling)1900 block of Otis St NE– Closed by Arrest

      The resident of an occupied dwelling reports that a suspect known by an intrafamily relationship smashed the rear window of the home and made entry thru a back door.  Once inside, the suspect threatened the life of the resident who was able to call 9-1-1 and provide detailed information concerning this individual.  The suspect fled as 5D Units approached and a cursory search of the rear of the resident revealed items of evidence to include a rifle.

      The suspect was stopped by alert Fifth Police District Officers canvassing their Patrol Service Area and positively identified as the intruder at approximately 11:00PM.

      Theft from Auto – 3200 block of 8th St NE at approximately 0420 AM– Closed by Arrest- Master Patrol Officer Karim on patrol observed a man exiting a driveway with a bag in his hands and observed a vehicle in the driveway with its door open and dome lights on.  MPO Karim called for additional Fifth Police District Units to assist and the individual was stopped a block away. The vehicles owner was located and reported that the property the suspect had in his possession was stolen from his auto.  The auto's owner did not grant permission for this individual to enter his property nor his auto.

      These are two more examples of our officers proactively patrolling and working as a Team in addressing crime, investigating suspicious individuals and most importantly, being strategically deployed based upon crime analysis and predictive policing.

      We work very hard in analyzing crime and ensuring we put our "cops on the dots".  These are just two more examples of that crime focus bearing fruit.

      Please do not leave valuables in plain view inside your automobiles.  Although you lock your doors, those locks simply keep honest people honest.  Help us to help you by storing your valuables in areas not visible to prying eyes or remove them completely.

      When exiting your auto to pump gas, ensure that you lock your doors and move your purses, brief cases and IPad type devices off the front seats and if possible, out of sight.

      Mark Beach
      Assistant Patrol District Commander

      Metropolitan DC Police Department
      Fifth Police District
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-345-1313 BeachBerry
      202-698-0150 5D Station Operations
      202-327-4392 5D Watch Commander
      202-698-0111 5D Command Complex
      202-727-9099 Command Information Center
      "Commitment to Excellence"

      Look out for the homeless this winter. When the actual or forecasted temperature or wind chill is 32˚F or below, the District issues a Hypothermia Alert. To request support for DC residents who are homeless and on the street now, contact the Shelter Hotline at 1-800-535-7252 or 311 or email uposh@....

    • Show all 2913 messages in this topic