17792Fw: [WARD5] Developers Partner with ANC 5D for Christmas

  • khenderson029
    Dec 24, 2013
      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

      From: khenderson029@...
      Sender: WARD5@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 13:46:39 +0000
      To: <mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: WARD5@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: <ward5@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [WARD5] Developers Partner with ANC 5D for Christmas

      Douglas Development, Edens and 7th Street Mews have partnered with ANC 5D to deliver Christmas joy to children in the community. Selected families will gather at the Fifth District this morning at 11:00 am to receive toys donated by development partners. Douglas Jemal, the principal of Douglas Development came to DC in the 60's with a vision and invested in the community when others would not. "I am just a humble guy from Brooklyn that wants to give back to the city I love" says Jemal. The Trinidad and Ivy City communities are poised for a renaissance thanks to Douglas' Hecht's Warehouse, Edens' Union Market and the Simms Place condominiums projects. "We are more than an area riddled by crime; we're a community" says Ivy City Commissioner Peta-Gay Lewis, 5D01. All agree that providing children with toys for Christmas is an excellent way to uplift the community and spread holiday cheer.

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
      Chairperson, ANC 5D
      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile