17738Re: [MPD-5D] RE: info pls on Brookland-CUA Metro incident Mon night (12/16)?

  • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
    Dec 18, 2013
      Good morning Kathy,

      Metro Transit Police officers were investigating an altercation amongst a group of juveniles that occurred that evening at Brookland Metro station.  One juvenile was injured and several were stopped and identified.  While Metro didn't make any arrests on the scene of this incident they are conducting an aggressive investigation, with MPD assistance, and we expect that arrests will be made.

      Service was temporarily interrupted while the incident was being investigated.

      Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
      Fifth District Station
      Metropolitan Police Department
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-391-6862 (cell)
      202-698-0150 (station)

      On Dec 18, 2013, at 6:14 AM, "KathySinzinger@..." <KathySinzinger@...> wrote:

      Brian isn't the only resident of Brookland who is concerned about the small bits of info we've gotten about whatever happened at the Brookland Metro last night -- basically, from neighbors who were riding Metro home when a big fight or something happened. We're told at least one person was injured, that kids were lined up in handcuffs and that the third rail had to be shut down for the entire Red Line because of this incident.

      Can we find out what happened? Police were all over the place at the Brookland Metro station, so somebody should be able to tell us what happened!

      Kathy Sinzinger
      10th Street NE resident (near Metro)

      Look out for those in need this winter. When the temperature or wind chill is 32°F or below, the District issues a Hypothermia Alert. For assistance during an Alert, call the Shelter Hotline at 1-800-535-7252 or 311.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic