17206COMMUNITY ALERT

  • Kathy Henderson
    Oct 23, 2013

      ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 5D03, 5D04, 5D05 and the FIFTH DISTRICT POLICE HEADQUARTERS
      COMMUNITY ALERT!

      Dear Neighbors:

      Please be advised that violent crime in our community is almost non-existent and this is certainly good news! Unfortunately, burglaries, break-ins and thefts from autos have increased dramatically in our area. These property crimes are happening on M Street, Lang and Lyman Place, L Street, Maryland Ave., H and I Streets, 19th, 20th, 21st Streets, NE and surrounding areas. Thieves are clearly targeting and stealing our property .and we must stop them now! Thanksgiving sales and bargains are just weeks away, which means thieves will be waiting to steal from you.

      We are convening a public meeting to hear from Fifth District police officials regarding what steps are being taken to combat the recent break-ins, burglaries and thefts from autos. The meeting will be held on the corner of 19th and Maryland Ave., NE, under the MPD tent.  The date is Saturday October 26, 2013, from 6-7:30 p.m. You will also receive useful information to help you prevent burglaries and keep thieves out of your home and vehicle.
      If we don’t stop the thieves now, we can kiss our holiday purchases goodbye!

      Commissioner India Henderson, 5D03 and Commissioner Kathy Henderson 5D05: (202) 386-8325
      Kathy Henderson
      khenderson029@...
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic