17063Mental Health Town Hall

  • Williams, Marchim (EOM)
    Oct 8 8:18 AM
      Please Change Me to the Name of the Project

      Ward 5 Neighbors,

      Please check out the important info below regarding Mayor Vincent C. Gray’s citywide forum on Mental Health scheduled to take place on Saturday, October 12, 2013

      Marchim Williams

      Ward 5 Liaison

      Office of Community Affairs

      Executive Office of the Mayor

      John A. Wilson Building

      1350 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

      Suite 327

      Washington, DC 20004

      (202) 340-7141

      Mental health issues have made the news recently and how we address those issues as a community are of great importance to our city. Bullying. Depression. Drug Use. Suicide. There are lots of mental health issues affecting youth in DC. Come talk about what mental health means to you, and how you can help yourself or others to get help. Join Mayor Gray’s citywide forum on Saturday, October 12th to learn the facts about mental health issues in the District of Columbia. Topics of discussion will include:

      • How to reduce the stigma associated with mental health care and increase people’s openness to it
      • How to understand the range of challenges youth face around mental health
      • How to support youth more effectively in our community when they encounter mental health challenges

      This citywide town meeting – “Creating Community Solutions – DC” - will provide residents of all ages, health care providers and District agencies an opportunity to discuss these critical issues on Saturday, October 12 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center,  801 Mount Vernon Place, NW, from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM. A free lunch and refreshments will be provided for everyone who attends.

      Hundreds of District residents are expected participate in this highly interactive meeting. Seating is limited and so register now to make sure you are not left out of this discussion. Visit http://creatingcommunitysolutions.org/event/creating-community-solutions-dc to register online today.

      http://org2.salsalabs.com/o/5874/images/OneCityClear.pngREGISTER TODAY. SEATING IS LIMITED!

      New, expanded library hours start Oct. 1.  More hours for story time.  More hours for community meetings.  More hours to use free computers.  Check out the library's new hours at dclibrary.org/newhours.