16766Re: [MPD-5D] Weapon Recovery in the 600 Block of Girard Street, NE

  • Stephanie A. Robinson
    Aug 29, 2013
      I too attended the neighborhood watch meeting, appreciate the work of MPD-5.  We just need a continued and concentrated aggressive effort on the part of MPD-5 to eradicate that continuous "bad element" that continues to loiter in our communities.  No good can come from groups of men hanging on street corners during the day and night.  There is more going on those corners then just conversation!

      We appreciate all MPD-5 efforts to keep the corners of 7th and Franklin and 7th and Hamlin and all neighborhood streets safe!

      Again, thank you MPD-5 for you tough jobs!

      Stephanie

      Stephanie "The One"

      "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." H.D

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 28, 2013, at 8:43 PM, "Debbie Steiner" <DLSmith112@...> wrote:

      As I had attended this very important safety meeting earlier and had to leave because of an emergency; I continually applaud the efforts and results of which 5D produces.

      The police presence has been evident, although, new negative human elements seem to be determined to parade around in the below identified area.

      I am confident that Mark Beach will devise a plan of attack with Captains Kane and Wright to help eradicate this long standing revolving door issue.

      Thanks Steinhilber for being there and using your keen eye sight and training to recover the weapon.

      Warmest appreciation,

      Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.

             Booker T. Washington

      On Aug 28, 2013, at 8:36 AM, "policefsu13" <mark.beach@...> wrote:

      This morning at 02:54 AM, 5D Units received a call for the sound of gunshots in/around the 600 Block of Girard Street NE. Neighbors reported hearing gunshots and running in the area. This area has been a recent concern for us specially in the area of 7th and Hamelin Street, NE. In fact, we just attended a Community Meeting last evening along with Samantha Nolan and the Chancellors Row Neighborhood concerning issues in and around this area.

      5D Units responded, canvassed and took a report for the Sound of Gunshots reflecting CCN # 122-439. No victim was located.

      Day Watch Patrol Service Area (PSA)502 Units led by Sergeant Steinhilber responded back to this area for a complete canvass once day light broke and recovered a black 9MM HELWAN semi automatic handgun, from the front of an address in the 600 Block of Girard Street, NE, behind a cable box. The weapon was loaded with one round in the chamber and one round in the magazine. The hammer on the weapon was cocked!

      PSA 502 Units also walked a three block radius of the gun recovery in an attempt to locate the spent shell casings with negative results.

      This is just another example of the hard work, dedication and relentless follow up being performed by members of the Fifth Police District on information provided by you all. We thank you for being our active partner in public safety and please keep in mind, "if you see something, say something". Call 9-1-1 right away with detailed information when possible.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic