15935Late Night Activity by Perry Street School

  • steppingdoll
    Jun 4, 2013
      Ditto to everything Josh mentioned in his email.

      The individuals who hang out in front of the school do not live in the neighborhood because they drive their cars to Perry St. They park, stand outside of their cars talking and laughing loudly, and sometimes play music from their cars and dance in the street. These individuals also stand and sit on school property which I would think is trespassing, not to mention the trash they leave behind. They congregate during the week and on the weekends at all hours of the night (mostly starting around 11pm and staying sometimes past 2AM).

      I've noticed when a patrol car does come to the scene, most of the time the individuals walk away as if they are leaving, only to return when the patrol car leaves.

      Having an increased police presence is greatly appreciated and will hopefully let these individuals know that this type of activity is not wanted.

      Thx MPD-5D for your action!

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Alfred Nader <naderalfred@...> wrote:

      > I was told by the Commander Solberg, of 5th District, that his officers
      > can't chase them even if they were going 100 miles per hour and driving an
      > illegal bike. He said that we needed to find out where said bike is
      > domiciled so that they can find it that way.
      >
      > Last summer I was calling 911 to no avail until I got this message:
      >
      > "Mr. Nader,
      >

      > We can't chase them, and this gives them an obvious advantage. The best
      > results we have is when neighbors can tell us who rides them and/or where
      > they are kept. They cannot legally be ridden in the city in most cases, so
      > we can arrest the rider and confiscate the bikes.
      >

      > Andy Solberg"
      >

      > I have seen kids almost get run over by these illegal bikes, but
      > unfortunately, as you can see from the above, there is nothing that can be
      > done... It seems that we need to keep off the streets and sidewalks in
      > order to be truly safe during the summer months.
      >

      > Good luck.
      >

      > Alfred
      >

      > On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM, jbizzzle27 <joshua.barton@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Thanks -- I appreciate your timely response.
      > >
      > > --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Beach, Mark (MPD)" <mark.beach@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Josh, thank you for taking your time out to provide this information to
      > > us. Without inspecting the dirt bike, I will not be able to determine
      > > whether it was licensed and street legal. Chances are it's not and should
      > > not be ridden on public space or private property without written approval.
      > > >
      > > > I will pass along your observations to our Patrol Service Area
      > > Lieutenant to monitor and ensure that we move folks out the area of Perry
      > > and 18th Street, specifically between the school and the park.
      > > >
      > > > I will have the assigned PSA units attempt to locate and impound the
      > > dirt bike if located and not legal.
      > > >
      > > > Mark Beach
      > > > Assistant Patrol District Commander
      > > > Metropolitan DC Police Department
      > > > Fifth Police District
      > > > 1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      > > > Washington, DC 20002
      > > > 202-345-1313 BeachBerry
      > > > 202-698-0150 5D Station Operations
      > > > 202-327-4392 5D Watch Commander
      > > > 202-698-0111 5D Command Complex
      > > > 202-727-9099 Command Information Center
      > > > "Commitment to Excellence"
      > > >
      > > > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only for
      > > use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this email is
      > > the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement
      > > sensitive. This email should not be forwarded or disseminated to
      > > unauthorized users. It should only be used by the intended recipient. If
      > > you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
      > > sender by replying to this e-mail at the address shown above. This e-mail
      > > and any attachments may contain confidential information. Please delete it
      > > from your files if you are not the intended recipient.

> [...]
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic