15787DDOT Traffic Advisory: Street Closures Related to Filming of a Movie
- May 15, 2013
Government of the District of Columbia
Department of Transportation
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Media Contacts: Monica Hernandez (DDOT) – 202-671-2261, monica.hernandez@...
Officer Hugh Carew (MPD) – 202-727-4383
Street Closures Related to Filming of a Movie
(Washington, D.C.) The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following information about street closures that are scheduled to occur on Thursday, May 16, 2013 and Friday, May 17, 2013. These closures are due to the filming of a movie.
The following streets will be closed on Thursday, May 16, 2013 from 7 p.m. to midnight.
· Hillyer Place, NW — from Connecticut Avenue to 21st Street
· 20th Street, NW – from Connecticut Avenue to Q Street
There are also scheduled intermittent traffic closures at the following locations from 6 p.m. on Thursday, May 16, 2013 until 2 a.m. on Friday, May 17, 2013.
· 21st Street and Q Street, NW (affecting the 2000 block of Q Street, NW)
· 20th Street and Massachusetts Avenue, NW (affecting the 1500 block of 20th Street, NW)
· Connecticut Avenue and Hillyer Place, NW (affecting both the southbound service roadway to Connecticut Avenue, NW and the 1600 block of 20th Street, NW)
Motorists are encouraged to exercise caution when traveling in these areas. All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes.
- << Previous post in topic