15738Re: [MPD-5D] Misuse of power

  • Patricia Coleman
    May 6 12:52 PM
      Thank you!

      From: Debbie Steiner <DLSmith112@...>
      To: "MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: "crm_112@..." <crm_112@...>; "andrew.solberg@..." <andrew.solberg@...>; "morgan.kane@..." <morgan.kane@...>
      Sent: Monday, May 6, 2013 1:24 PM
      Subject: [MPD-5D] Misuse of power

      What really needs to be exposed is how SMD Commissioners seem to speak for other SMD's which in of itself is fraudulent.

      Each SMD Commissioner is to speak for themselves, there is no proxy-- read the law;  and no one should continually write on behalf of other SMD Commissioners -- it is illegal. PERIOD.

      Each SMD Commissioner represents ONLY the area of which they were elected to represent, nothing further.

      When someone writes on behalf of another SMD Commissioner, their area, or the Commissioners thoughts that is "hearsay", or to state what other SMD's constituents is stating, when there has not been an SMD meeting held in those areas regarding the fronted issue is fraud.

      ANC CHAIRPERSON's are no more than individuals who convenes meetings.  And, who are directly responsible for disseminating information to the entire body of the ANC Commissioned area. It is the decision making power of each INDIVIDUAL Single Member District Commissioner, collectively who makes the decisions for the entire ANC, not one person.

      So, to conclude this statement;  Chairperson Kathy Henderson, if you again write on this listserve a thought or misrepresentation of constituents that you do not serve, I will personally write a complaint to the Attorney General's Office to impose a sanction against you for misrepresenting information.

      Please be mindful Ms. Henderson, you have already wrote a false report on officers during the time of your election in 2012; you have already been recently sighted by Judge Erik Christian for libel on a listserve against business owners and commanded by that judge to make financial resolve.

      I will, if necessary, have the Attorney General to opine on your writings and your continual abuse of power snd misrepresentation of constituents whom you do not represent.

      Further, If need be, I will go to the extent of having you BANNED from writing on this listserve, because of your passed negative history, while giving you the reading option only.

      Moreover, if anyone, including your daughter, who is a SMD Commissioner would like to express their thoughts on this listserve, then I am positive that they can,  and should, write their own comments unless they are illiterate.  And if it is the later, then maybe they need to resign.

      On May 6, 2013, at 11:46 AM, khenderson029@... wrote:

      What people eat is a matter of taste and we take no issue with that. We have citizens that consume deer, small woodland creatures, including rabbits and road kill and that is their right.

      The issues with the alleged meat vendors are: they are not licensed to sell meat in the District and they pose a security risk to citizens when they enter onto neighbor's property, peering through windows and trampling flowers. My constituents and neighboring constituents do not purchase meat from trucks that are operating in DC without a vending license. These unlicensed meat peddlers are not welcome in ANC's 5D03, 5D04 and 5D05 and we appreciate our law enforcement personnel protecting our rights. Neighbors that wish to purchase meat from trucks should have no difficulty transacting with the company in question.

      Finally, there was a time when various peddlers routinely hawked their wares on our streets, including guns, drugs, sofas, clothing etc.; persons masquerading as Pepco and UPS personnel robbed our seniors. Also, one of the ice cream trucks sold drugs too. We prefer to conduct our shopping at legitimate retail establishments and do not want peddlers here. Again, we appreciate our law enforcement personnel respecting our right to a safe and quiet community. We enjoy how quiet our community has become and we want to keep it this way.

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

      From: Joshua Culling <joshuaculling@...>
      Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 08:16:23 -0400
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Fw: Alleged Meat Vendors

      I bought from the meat peddlers last spring. It was delicious. I would urge MPD to avoid harassing private businesses and leave that important work to our ANC commissioners. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

      On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 3:55 PM, <khenderson029@...> wrote:
      I called the 911 dispatcher for police assistance regarding this matter. I appreciate the officers responding, asking the alleged meat vendors for identification and a license to sell meat in the District; they had no vending license and were thus sent on their way (presumably back to Virginia).

      We do not buy meat from trucks, sofas from the sidewalks being sold by North Carolina vendors, etc. Further, we do not appreciate these unlicensed peddlers peering into our windows, stepping on our flowers or otherwise canvassing our community looking for opportunities to steal. We have been victimized by a host of characters claiming to be Pepco, Verizon, UPS etc. representatives. Instead of providing a terse and unresponsive reply, we expect the 5D outreach coordinator to be equally receptive to our concerns. The excuse for failing to post the message is unacceptable. The person serving as an outreach coordinator should at a minimum possess the ability to effectively interact with all members of the community. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05