      From: Patrick Nelson [mailto:patrick.r.nelson@...]
      Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 1:03 PM
      To: Anderson, Judith (MPD); fayette.vaughn-lee@...
      Cc: Catania, David (COUNCIL); htomas@...;
      MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Recent Assults on My Dog

      Officer Anderson & Ms. Vaughn-Lee,

      I want to bring to your attention something that is begining to become a
      regular occurance in my alleyway. I have a wonderful six year old
      border collie that frequents my backyard. He's a good watchdog for the
      alley as he makes us aware when there are strangers milling about. I
      live on the 1900 block of H Street NE and behind my house is the
      terminal portion of a T-shaped alley.

      Twice in the last few weeks my dog has been assaulted. Today he was
      yelled at, had rocks thrown at him, and had a soda dumped all over him.
      About three weeks ago, someone tried to poison him. I ended up having to
      take him to an emergency animal hospital in the middle of the night.

      These actions, while disturbing, are indicators of more important issues
      within the small section of Trinidad in which I live. Who can I contact
      to discuss more patrols in our neighborhood and specifically the
      assaults on my pet? As I'm sure you're all aware, the inhumane treatment
      of animals leads to worse crimes against people.

      +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

      BLOG: http://arodeojock.blogspot.com/
      Yahoo: aRodeoJock
      KICKBALL: http://-teamflameon-.blogspot.com/

      "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of
      fighting a foreign enemy."
      -James Madison

      "Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism"
      -Howard Zinn, Historian

      "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial
      appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in
      defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more
      converts than reason."
      -Thomas Paine