      From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com [MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Wendy Lewis [wendy_lewis2@...]
      Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 11:33 AM
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Robbery in ANC 5D

      Which Safeway was this?

      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

      On Apr 3, 2013, at 9:07 PM, Kathy Henderson <khenderson029@...> wrote:

      Good Evening,

      A twelve year-old constituent was robbed en route to the Safeway this evening between 7:00 p.m and 7:45 p.m. The neighborhood has been quiet recently and we want to keep it that way. We need extra vigilance during spring break to ensure our children are neither victims of nor perpetrators of crime. We are seeing police presence along Bladensburg Road at night; however, I believe our community would benefit from increased police presence on residential streets in this community during the day, evening and midnight shifts. Residents should be encouraged to walk to the Safeway and nearby stores instead of driving. Of course, we want to ensure that it is actually safe to do so.

      We greatly appreciate attention to this matter.

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
      khenderson029@...

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic