15349Re: Saturday's Marathon Traffic Nightmare

  • studermw
    Mar 25, 2013
      I wanted to thank everyone for sending in their personal experiences. It's never good that we all had to go through it, but it's good knowing I'm not the only one who feels this way and had problems.

      I'd like to see if we can keep this momentum going to and do something about the problem. I spoke with Jeanette Mobley in Councilmember McDuffie's office and she said that the entity responsible for approving and planning these events is the Mayor's interagency Special Events Task Group (http://hsema.dc.gov/service/special-events). There are a couple of links there to "Ask the Director", but in my experience these links don't get much response.

      I'd suggest that, in addition to leaving this Task Group feedback, we should all get in touch with Councilmember McDuffie's office and the Mayor's office... as well as the campaign offices of certain mayoral candidates. I've posted a couple links below.

      Councilmember McDuffie's office - kmcduffie@..., JMobley@... (Jeanette Mobley, his Chief of Staff - please be nice... Jeanette has been wonderful!)

      Mayor's Office - email: eom@..., Twitter: @mayorvincegray

      Muriel Bowser - mbowser@..., jholland@... (Chief of Staff)

      Remember... they don't know we want a change unless we tell them!

      Matt

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, svhill3 <svhill3@...> wrote:

      > This is sad to hear. I too didnt have a good experience being a single parent and in grad school full time and only having the weekend to take care alot of stuff. This really screwed up things for me that impacted my studies.
      >

      > Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic