15241FW: 3.15.13 MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
- Mar 15, 2013
Contact: Officer Tisha Gant (202)-727-4383
March 15, 2013
MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
(Washington, DC)- Due to community concerns regarding robberies, the Metropolitan Police Department is releasing information on recent robbery arrests. Members of the public have been helpful in providing information that has led to arrests and MPD encourages members of the public to visit our YouTube page, view videos of cases, and contact police if they recognize persons of interest at http://www.youtube.com/OfficialDCPolice
Below are recent robbery arrests made within the last week.
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at approximately 8:04 am, a complainant reports while walking in the 800 block of New Jersey Avenue, NW, he was approached by four suspects. One of the suspects brandished a knife and announced a robbery. The complainant fled and the suspects gave chase. One juvenile male was arrested and charged with Attempted Robbery (Knife). Lookout for suspect two: black male, 16-18 years of age, wearing a black jacket, black mask and armed with a brass knuckle knife. Suspect three and four: black males.
- Thursday, March 14, 2013, at approximately 5:00 pm, a complainant reports that he was approached by a female and a male in the 1800 block of Constitution Avenue, NE. The female suspect punched the complainant about the face causing him to fall to the ground. At that time both suspects punched and kicked the complainant in the face and took his cell phone. The juvenile female was arrested and charged with Robbery (Force & Violence). Lookout for suspect two: black male, medium complexion, 15-16 years of age, wearing a black hat, black shirt, and tan pants.
- Friday, March 15, 2013, at approximately 3:22 pm, a complainant reports that while he was driving in the 1800 block of Capitol Avenue, NE, he was flagged down by a male who opened the passenger door and entered the vehicle. Once inside the vehicle, the suspect displayed a pocket knife and grabbed the complainant’s cell phone. An adult male was arrested and charged with Robbery (Knife).
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at approximately 8:37 pm, a complainant reports while walking in the 1200 block of Raum Street, NE, he was approached by two females and one male. The male suspect brandished a knife while the two female suspects went through the pockets of the complainant and took U.S Currency. Two adult females were arrested and charged with Robbery (Knife). Lookout for suspect three: black male, 6’0”, 30-40 years of age, 180 pounds, dark complexion and last seen wearing black knit cap and a long black coat.
- Friday, March 8, 2013, at approximately 11:55 pm, a complainant reports that while walking in the 5300 block of Jay Street, NE, he was approached by a suspect who produced a handgun and went through his pockets removing U.S Currency. The suspect then fled the scene into a near by alley. The complainant walked two blocks and bumped into suspect one who was now with suspect two. Suspect two produced a handgun, fired one shot in the direction of the complainant missing the complainant. The complainant then fled. Two adult males were arrested and charged with Robbery (Gun).
- Saturday, March 9, 2013, at approximately 5:27 pm, a complainant reports while walking in the 3500 block of East Capitol Street, SE, three males approached the complainant and demanded his jacket. After a brief altercation, suspect one took the complainants jacket and fled on foot with suspects two and three. Shortly after, suspects one and two were arrested in the 3400 block of Crawford Place, SE, for Robbery (Force & Violence). Lookout for suspect three: black male, wearing a green jacket and tan pants.
- Thursday, March 14, 2013, at approximately 9:45 pm, a complainant reports that while walking in the unit block of Atlantic Street, SE, he was approached by a male who brandished a black handgun. The suspect announced a robbery and took a pair of black and white sneakers. Arrested was one juvenile male for Robbery (Gun).
- Thursday, March 14, 2013, at approximately 7:54 pm, a complainant reports that while walking in the 2400 block of Alabama Avenue, SE, she was approached by a male who snatched her iPhone from her hand and fled the scene. Arrested was one juvenile male for Robbery (Snatch).
Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for any robbery committed in the District of Columbia.
The DC Office of Tax and Revenue is offering free tax assistance in your community this month.
For more information, contact the OTR Customer Service Center at (202) 727-4TAX or visit