15051Re: [MPD-5D] Re: How to request a red light camera?

  • Elizabeth Lyttleton
    Mar 1, 2013
      I greatly appreciate the cruiser sitting at this intersection this morning - in the few minutes I was there it seemed to encourage drivers to slow down. I hope that MPD will continue to periodically make your presence known in the area. I also hope that a red light camera will be seriously considered!

      Sent from my iPhone, so please excuse typos.

      On Feb 28, 2013, at 7:18 PM, "Matthew" <mtn1414@...> wrote:

      I agree with everything Elizabeth said. I walk along North Capitol everyday and drivers in both directions blow through red lights at the intersections with R Street and Randolph Place.

      And it's not like the light turns red when the vehichle is in the intersection - I regularly see the light turn red and then two or more vehicles still enter and go through the intersection. And most are definitely going well over the speed limit.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" wrote:
      > We have forwarded your request.
      > In the meantime, we will have the patrol officers see what we can do about altering driver behavior here and elsewhere along North Capitol Street.
      > Andy Solberg
      > Commander, 5D
      > Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
      > Visit www.Grade.DC.govhttp://www.grade.dc.gov/> today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic