      Government of the District of Columbia
      Department of Transportation

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

      Friday, February 22, 2013

      DDOT Media Contact: Monica Hernandez – 202-671-2261, monica.hernandez@...

      ***TRAFFIC ADVISORY***

      Daytime Closure for M Street, SE between 11th and 12th Streets, SE to Occur Sunday, February 24

      The Inbound I-695 Freeway Bridge Exit Ramp to M Street, SE and the Northbound Lanes of the 11th Street Local Bridge Will Also be Closed

      (Washington, D.C.) As part of the 11th Street Bridge Project the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will close M Street, SE between 11th and 12th Streets, SE on Sunday, February 24 in order for crews to continue demolishing the old outbound freeway bridge located over M Street, SE.

      The daytime closure will occur from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.   The inbound I-695 Freeway Bridge (I-695 westbound) exit ramp to M Street, SE and the northbound lanes of the 11th Street Local Bridge—between Good Hope Road, SE and O Street, SE—will also be closed during this time

      Traffic will be rerouted as follows:

      • Northbound I-295 and southbound DC-295 traffic seeking access to M Street, SE from the westbound I-695 Freeway Bridge will use the 8th Street, SE exit ramp to I Street, then to 8th Street. SE.
      • Northbound (inbound) 11th Street Local Bridge traffic from Historic Anacostia will be detoured to MLK, Jr. Avenue, SE to Howard Road, SE then to South Capitol Street, SE to access M Street, SE.
      • Local traffic wishing to access facilities east of 12th Street, SE will be detoured through N Street, SE.

       In the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen conditions, this work will be rescheduled and an updated advisory will be distributed.

      For more information and to follow the bridge project and AWI Program’s progress, please visit anacostiawaterfront.org/11thStreetBridge. To join the project or AWI community contact list or ask questions, please email ddot.awi@...  or call 202-741-8528.

      ###

      Visit goDCgo.com for more information on transportation options in the District

      Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.