14865Re: [MPD-5D] FW: 2.8.13 MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
- Feb 8, 2013I appreciate the fact of knowing how MPD is making significant arrests in our city. For me, it is crucial to see the whole picture. From suspect, to arrest and then conviction.Further, it demonstrates the level of city-wide security that we are getting for our tax payers dollars that are being spent. And showing small gratitude for a job well done, for me, gives encouragement to those who risk they lives constantly to protect DC.Thanks guys for being on the job!!
Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.Booker T. Washington
On Feb 8, 2013, at 5:54 PM, "Press, MPD (MPD)" <mpd.press@...> wrote:
Contact: Officer Tisha Gant 202-727-4383
February 8, 2013
MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
(Washington, DC)- Due to community concerns regarding robberies, the Metropolitan Police Department is releasing information on recent robbery arrests. Members of the public have been helpful in providing information that has led to arrests and MPD encourages members of the public to visit our YouTube page, view videos of cases, and contact police if they recognize persons of interest at http://www.youtube.com/OfficialDCPolice
Below are recent robbery arrests made within the last week.
· Tuesday, February 5, 2013, at approximately 8:04 pm, three complainants report, while walking in the unit block of 19th Street, NE, they were approached by two black males. A suspect brandished a handgun and demanded their property. Taken were three iPhones, U.S. currency, and other property. Three adult males were arrested for Robbery while Armed (Gun)
· Sunday, February 3, 2013, at approximately 11:20 pm, two complainants report while in the 100 block of S Street, NW, they were approached by a black male who announced a robbery. The suspect took a wallet and U.S. currency. An adult male was arrested for Robbery (Fear)
· Tuesday, February 5, 2013, at approximately 4:32 am, a complainant reports that while inside of an establishment located in the 900 block of Bladensburg Road, NE, the suspect came into the location and announced a robbery. Taken were U.S. currency and four packs of cigarettes. An adult male was arrested for Robbery while Armed (Gun).
· Wednesday, February 6, 2013, at approximately 1:40 pm, a complainant reports while walking in the 1000 block of Bladensburg Road, NE, he was approached by a black male who engaged him in a conversation, and then punched the complainant. Taken was U.S. currency. An adult male was arrested for Robbery (Force and Violence).
· Friday, February 1, 2013, at approximately 5:00 pm, a complainant reports while standing in the 300 block of 49th Street, NE, she was approached by two black males. One of the suspects displayed a handgun and announced a robbery. The complainant complied and the suspects took her purse containing an iPhone, and various other items. A male juvenile was arrested and charged with Robbery while Armed (Gun).
· Monday, February 4, 2013, at approximately 5:37 pm, a complainant reports that she was involved in a verbal altercation with a known suspect in the unit block of C Street, SE, when the suspect punched the complainant in her face and fled the scene. Taken was a cell phone. An adult male was arrested for Robbery (Force and Violence)
· Monday, February 4, 2013, at approximately 5:05 pm, a complainant reports walking in the 1300 block of 49th Street, NE, when a female snatched the complainant’s phone and fled the scene. Arrested was a female juvenile for Robbery (Force and Violence)
· Thursday, February 7, 2013, at approximately 4:03 am, a complainant reports while walking to her car in the 900 block of Eastern Avenue, NE, she was approached by a suspect who announced a robbery and implied that he had a weapon. Taken was a set of keys. An adult male was arrested for Robbery (Force and Violence)
Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for any robbery committed in the District of Columbia.<2 8 13 MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies.pdf>
- << Previous post in topic