14617FW: 1.11.13 MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
- Jan 11, 2013
Contact: Gwendolyn Crump 202-727-4383
January 11, 2013
MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
( Washington, DC)- Due to community concerns regarding robberies, the Metropolitan Police Department is releasing information on recent robbery arrests. Members of the public have been helpful in providing information that has led to arrests and MPD encourages members of the public to visit our YouTube page, view videos of cases, and contact police if they recognize persons of interest at http://www.youtube.com/OfficialDCPolice
Below are recent robbery arrests made within the last week.
- Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at approximately 3:52 pm, a complainant reports while in the 1500 block of A Street, SE, he was approached by two suspects. One of the suspects brandished a knife and announced a robbery. The other suspect then punched the complainant. Taken was a cell phone and Bluetooth ear piece. Two juvenile males was arrested and charged with Robbery while Armed (Knife).
- Thursday, January 10, 2013, at approximately 9:20 pm. A complainant reports he was having a verbal dispute with the three suspects while in the 1200 block of H Street, NE. One of the suspects announced a robbery and punched the complainant in the face. Taken was the complainant’s food. Three adult males were arrested and charged with Robbery (Force and Violence).
- Friday, January 4, 2013, at approximately 5:50 pm, a complainant reports that while in the 5300 block of 8th Street, NW, she became involved in an altercation with a known suspect who snatched her cell phone from her hand and departed. An adult female was arrested and charged with Robbery (Snatch).
- Friday, January 4, 2013, at approximately 10:23 pm, two complainants reported that while standing in the parking lot in the 5500 block of South Dakota Avenue, NE, two suspects approached them. One of the suspects announced a robbery. The complainants complied and the suspects fled the scene in a Red Plymouth Breeze. Taken was U.S. currency, two iPhones, black wallet, jacket, shoes. Two adult males was arrested and charged with Robbery (Fear).
- Monday, January 7, 2013, at approximately 8:12 pm, a complainant reports while in the 1300 block of Peabody Street, NW, he was approached by four males who surrounded him. The complainant ran from the location and was chased by the suspects. Two adult males were arrested and charged with Attempt Robbery (Fear).
- Friday, January 4, 2013, at approximately 5:56 pm, a complainant reports that while standing at a bus stop located in the 4700 block of Benning Road, SE, two suspects approached her and engaged in a conversation. Both suspects pushed the complainant to the ground and took her property. One of the suspects produced a handgun and threatened the complainant. Arrested was an adult male for Robbery (Force and Violence). Lookout for suspect two is a black male wearing a black and gray coat with blue jeans, armed with a handgun.
- Sunday, January 6, 2013, at approximately 5:20 pm, a complainant reports while walking in the 4400 block of Texas Avenue, SE, he was approached by four males. One of the suspects brandished a black handgun and demanded the complainant’s money. Taken were U.S. Currency and a cell phone. An adult male was arrested and charged with Robbery while Armed (Gun).
Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for any robbery committed in the District of Columbia.