      From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com [MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Matthew Studer [studermw@...]
      Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 6:27 PM
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Alleged Drunk Driving Incident

      I'd like to ask for a little more foliow-up on this incident. If officers were involved, I'm hoping that even if there wasn't an arrest, there would be some record of police responding to the scene.

      Ms. Henderson, did the owners of the cars or your neighbors get any information from police about their damaged property? File police reports? I'm hoping there's some sort of paper trail that can be followed.

      My reason is asking is to find out if there is a reason why officers might not have charged someone they know is driving while intoxicated. It doesn't seem likely to me, but if it did happen I think an explanation is in order. I park my car in front of my house on my street every night, and I can't imagine walking out to a demolished car in the morning, to say nothing of the danger that DUI drivers put other people's lives in.

      Matt Studer

      On Dec 10, 2012, at 4:41 AM, "Jeter, Bryant (MPD)" <bryant.jeter@...> wrote:

      > Hello Ms. Henderson,
      > I checked the arrest for that date as well as the day after (Fri. & Sat) and time frame and I didn't see any arrest that appeared to be related. Regarding patrols in the area at that specific time I cannot say for sure. We can however, consider check points in the area if warranted.. Is this an isolated incident, or something that is occurring frequently? Happy Holiday season to you and yours!!
      > Bryant A. Jeter
      > Lieutenant
      > Metropolitan Police Department
      > 1805 Bladensburg Rd., NE.
      > Washington, D.C. 20002
      > Patrol Service Area (PSA)507
      > Office: 202-698-0276
      > Cell: 202-615-7109
      > email: bryant.jeter@...
      >
      > Support the DC One Fund Campaign, Each One Give One.
      > Learn more at www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov. One City, Working Together!

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic