14290Re: [MPD-5D] Department of 'Keeping A Sharp Eye Out' ...
- Nov 11, 2012We do indeed!
Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.Booker T. Washington
On Nov 10, 2012, at 9:20 AM, "brian.ions" <brian.ions@...> wrote:We 5D residents have a terrific "hands on" commander serving us.Thanks for the collar, Commander Solberg.brian/504
--- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Press, MPD (MPD)" <mpd.press@...> wrote:Contact: Gwendolyn Crump 202-727-4383
November 9, 2012
MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
(Washington, DC)- Due to community concerns regarding robberies, the Metropolitan Police Department is releasing information on recent robbery arrests. Members of the public have been helpful in providing information that has led to arrests and MPD encourages members of the public to visit our YouTube page, view videos of cases, and contact police if they recognize persons of interest athttp://www.youtube.com/OfficialDCPolice
Below are recent robbery arrests made within the last week.
- Friday, November 2, 2012, at approximately 5:30 pm, a victim was walking in the 200 block of 9th Street, SE, when a suspect approached the victim from behind and struck him in the head. The suspect picked up the victims glasses and fled the scene. Shortly thereafter, members of the First District located the suspect who is a juvenile and arrested him for Robbery (Force and Violence).
- Tuesday, November 6, 2012, at approximately 4:10 pm, a victim was at Half and N Streets, SE, when a suspect attempted to take the victim's purse. A struggle ensued and the suspect took the victim's phone and fled the scene. Later that evening, following an investigation by the First District Detectives Unit, the suspect was placed under arrest. A juvenile was charged with Robbery (Force and Violence).
- Wednesday, November 7, 2012, at approximately 9:50 pm, a female victim was walking in the 1200 block of U Street NW, when a female reached into the victim's purse and took keys and a wallet containing identification, a debit card and other property. An adult female was arrested for Robbery (Pickpocket).
- Friday, November 2, 2012, at approximately 4:30 pm, a male was in the 5100 block of New Hampshire Avenue, when a suspect approached him from behind and snatched his wallet containing U.S. currency. An adult male was arrested for Robbery (Snatch).
- Thursday, November 8, 2012, at about 8:30 pm, a victim was in the 5000 block of Rock Creek Church Road, NW, when he was approached by two suspects. One suspect snatched the victim's wallet and pushed him to the ground. A short time after the incident, both suspects were apprehended by officers of the Metropolitan Police Department. Arrested for Robbery (Force and Violence) were 22-year-old Jamila Haskins of Northwest and a juvenile female.
- Thursday, November 8, 2012 at approximately 11:31 pm, officers from the Fifth District responded to the 1800 block of West Virginia Avenue, Northeast for the report of a robbery. The complainant, an adult male, reported to officers on the scene that the suspect approached him and asked for money while he was attempting to purchase gas. The complainant refused and the suspect snatched U.S. currency from the complainant's hand and fled on foot. A lookout was broadcast. Fifth District Commander Andrew Solberg observed the suspect and was able to apprehend the suspect without incident. Arrested and charged with Robbery (Snatch) was 55-year-old Annette Rivers of Northeast, Washington, DC.
- Wednesday, November 7, 2012, at approximately 6:30 pm a suspect known to a victim snatched her cell phone and fled from the 4300 block of Benning Road NE. An adult male suspect was arrested for Robbery (Snatch).
Seventh DistrictSaturday, November 3, 2012 at approximately 4:43 pm, a victim was in the 600 block ofMississippi Avenue, SE when he was approached by three male suspects who kicked and punched the complainant about his face and body. Taken was a wallet containing U.S. currency and identification. A juvenile male suspect was arrested for Robbery (Force and Violence) in connection with this offense.
- Sunday, November 4, 2012, a victim was at 16th and W Streets, SE at approximately 11:10 pm, when she was approached from behind by two suspects. One of the suspects pulled the victim's hair and caused her to drop her purse. The other suspect picked up the purse and fled. An adult male and an adult female were arrested for Robbery (Snatch).
Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for any robbery committed in the District of Columbia.
Create a free Safety Profile to provide critical, lifesaving data to 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency call today at www.smart911.com.
Inform first responders in advance!
Inform first responders in advance!
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>