14250FW: Suspect Arrested in Sexual Assaults While Armed

  • Press, MPD (MPD)
    Nov 3, 2012

      For Immediate Release

      Contact: Gwendolyn Crump (202) 727-4383

      November 3, 2012

      Suspect Arrested in Sexual Assaults While Armed

      (Washington, DC) – Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Sexual Assault Unit have announced a suspect has been arrested in connection with two attacks against female victims.

      On Friday, October 26, 2012, at approximately 1:53 pm, a male suspect knocked on an apartment door located in the 2300 block of Washington Place, NE. An adult female victim started to open the door when the suspect forced his way into the apartment and attempted to sexually assault the victim. A struggle ensued and the victim was stabbed multiple times before the suspect fled the location.

      On Friday, November 2, 2012, at approximately 1:15 pm, this same suspect entered a Howard University dorm room in the 2200 block of 4th Street, NW, displayed a knife and sexually assaulted a woman.

      The investigation led to the arrest of the suspect who was located in the 5300 block of 4th Street, NW.

      The suspect, identified as 19-year-old Demarco Myles, of Northwest, DC has been charged with Assault with the Intent to commit First Degree Sexual Assault while Armed for the October 26th attack. He was charged with First Degree Sexual Assault while Armed for yesterday’s offense.

      "This criminal committed violent attacks against women and we were eager to get him off our streets. Our detectives have been working around the clock since the first assault," said Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier. "Had we not located him, it is our belief that he would have continued to attack women."

      ###

      Grade.DC.gov has expanded!
      Now you can grade the DC Public Library, Police, Fire and EMS, the Office of Unified Communications (311/911) and the Office on Aging.
      Check out www.grade.dc.gov today.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic