14010Re: Love Letters from Chief Lanier (Not So Nice)

  • Matthew
    Sep 11, 2012
      If you're not enrolled in college because of the cost of your speeding tickets, apparently you haven't considered that as an option.

      Want some more advice, based on your original message:

      "As of late, I've started to just slow down to 25 mph whenever I suspect a camera is around."

      How about you slow down and drive the speed limit regardless of whether you suspect a speed camera is in the area. You're not supposed to obey the law only when you believe you might get caught - you're supposed to always obey it.

      "But for me, someone who has luckily never been involved in an accident, the cameras have just been a vacuum on my savings account."

      Having never been in an accident doesn't mean you get to speed. The speed limit applies to everyone, regardless of their driving talents.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Bianca Lamar <blamar132@...> wrote:

      > GREAT advice Matthew. I haven't considered that as an option yet.
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Sep 10, 2012, at 2:47 PM, "Matthew" <mtn1414@...> wrote:
      >
      > > "I'd appreciate any advice or help with this that you may
      > > have to offer."
      > >
      > > Stop speeding.
      > >
      > > --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Bianca Lamar <blamar132@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I agree with Geovani. I am a student at Howard U and I have had to use tuition money to pay off tickets and avoid getting a boot 2-3 times. I am not enrolled in the Fall 2012 semester because of this. I see the "Photo Enforced" signage but the speed is sometimes not posted. As of late, I've started to just slow down to 25 mph whenever I suspect a camera is around. The mobile cameras that you guys deploy and move around to new areas are also tricky to abide by. Feel free to look into my ticket history.
      > > >
      > > > I understand that the cameras help with pedestrian safety and that car accidents in the district have been lowered dramatically. But for me, someone who has luckily never been involved in an accident, the cameras have just been a vacuum on my savings account. I'd appreciate any advice or help with this that you may have to offer.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks so much,
      > > >
      > > > Struggling Student
      > > > B. Lamar
      > > >
      > > > Sent from my iPhone