13997Re: [MPD-5D] Re: Love Letters from Chief Lanier (Not So Nice)

  • Elizabeth Lyttleton
    Sep 10, 2012
      So, I'm a working mom on a tight budget.  But somehow I've managed to receive just one speeding ticket from a camera in the last 5 years.  I paid it, without complaint, because I was clearly driving too fast.  I sped up to pass someone who had pulled in front of me, and I shouldn't have.  It was stupid.

      But generally speaking, what exactly is tricky about driving the speed limit?  Are you typing texts or reading emails on your phone? Changing your music when you shouldn't? I hope nobody stops in front of you too quickly, or that the light doesn't change and my kids and I aren't in the crosswalk when you're driving too fast....

      Seriously, people, WHY IS IT SO HARD TO SLOW DOWN?!?!

      Elizabeth
      Eckington

      On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Bianca Lamar <blamar132@...> wrote:

      I agree with Geovani. I am a student at Howard U and I have had to use tuition money to pay off tickets and avoid getting a boot 2-3 times. I am not enrolled in the Fall 2012 semester because of this. I see the "Photo Enforced" signage but the speed is sometimes not posted. As of late, I've started to just slow down to 25 mph whenever I suspect a camera is around. The mobile cameras that you guys deploy and move around to new areas are also tricky to abide by. Feel free to look into my ticket history.

      I understand that the cameras help with pedestrian safety and that car accidents in the district have been lowered dramatically. But for me, someone who has luckily never been involved in an accident, the cameras have just been a vacuum on my savings account. I'd appreciate any advice or help with this that you may have to offer.

      Thanks so much,

      Struggling Student
      B. Lamar

      Sent from my iPhone