      From: "brian.ions" <brian.ions@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 15:48:26 +0000
      To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [MPD-5D] Speed Limits: What's love got to do with it?

      Geovani, generally, ignorance of the law is no defense against its enforcement.

      So I'm curious. What DC code are you referencing and how does it read? And how specifically is the law being violated by the use of mobile speed cams?

      In my experience, Virginia is much tougher on speed limit enforcement than the District. Lower speeds always allow a driver more time to react safely to unexpected conditions. Given DC's dense population, with its crazy L'Enfant street layout and many kid pedestrians (always an unpredictable driving situation), I can't fault the chiefs at all for trying to save lives and limbs with tough speed limit enforcement.

      brian/
      504

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Lanier, Cathy (MPD)" <cathy.lanier@...> wrote:

      What area Geovani?