      From: "b_on_t" <b_on_t@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 00:37:00 +0000
      To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [MPD-5D] Re: Love Letters from Chief Lanier (Not So Nice)

      Chief:

      If Geovanni doesn't mind, I'll chime in with one potential location that I know of.

      A few weeks back, a co-worker of mine who commutes into the city recently got hit with a camera ticket (from one of the car-mounted mobile cameras) on 395 south, right in the area of Maine Avenue. He was surprised to get the ticket because he guessed the speed was 55 mph, reasoning that 395 was a freeway, when the ticket indicated it was really 45 mph. It's not a route he travels much.

      Now, he placed the blame on himself and has probably already paid the ticket, but he felt there wasn't clear enough signage in the area of the camera at the time he got nabbed. Knowing him pretty well, he would've definitely slowed to the posted speed if he had seen a sign.

      The circumstances may be completely different now that some time has passed, but just wanted to chime in.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Lanier, Cathy (MPD)" <cathy.lanier@...> wrote:

      > What area Geovani?
      >

      > Plan TODAY for what’s on the way. September is National Emergency Preparedness Month. To learn how to prepare & to sign up for critical emergency alerts, go to www.72hours.dc.gov<http://www.72hours.dc.gov>.

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic