      From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Craig, Donald (MPD)
      Sent: Wed 4/12/2006 2:14 AM
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] Shots Sunday night at around 1:30am

      We (about eight of us) actually went through the area about 1:45 Am and stopped two people in the Unit block of O Street N.W. Neither one lived in the area but we've seen them before. We didn't find any drugs so we checked them for warrants and sent them on the way. They did leave because we saw them both walking along Rhode Island Avenue about thirty minutes later. We went through the rest of the neighborhood but no one was out.

      When the gunshots went off between 2:30 and 3:00 our units went in. No property damage was found and no injuries reported. If anyone did have property damage we didn't find please call 311 so that we can come out and make a report.

      A little off the subject but very important. We are having a problem with cars being stolen throughout the Fifth Dsitrict. I would like to take this opportunity to encourage everyone to call 311 if they see any suspicious activity such as someone casing cars or houses.

      Also you might consider enrolling in the Watch Your Car Program. What the deal is, is that you get a decal that you put in the back window of your car. This decal gives us permission to stop your car during extreme (like 1AM to 5AM) hours of the morning to make sure that it isn't stolen. If it's not you driving then we can contact you to see if you know who the person is that is driving your car. It's pretty decent deterrent to theft and is an excellent tool for us to catch car thieves. If you would like more information on this program ask your PSA Lt. at your next meeting.

      That's about it for now. Take care all.

      Lt. Craig
      _____