13363Re: [MPD-5D] Re: Eckington Safety Meeting Debrief

  • Michael Bjornson
    Jun 2, 2012
      Thanks for responding to our community so professionally and positively.

      On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Solberg, Andrew (MPD) <Andrew.Solberg@...> wrote:

      Brooke, Tim, Commissioner Pinkney, Commissioner Youngblood, Mr. Clark, and all who showed up last night:

      I thought it was a great meeting. The spirit in the meeting was terrific: forward focused but very much concerned about how we address and solve the recent problem of crime in the neighborhood.

      In 24 years I have not many times seen the level of involvement, dedication, and commitment to problem solving as was evident in last night's meeting.

      I encourage all of you to monitor the 5D listserv, stay in touch with Chief Lanier, me, and your 5D supervisors and officers, and when possible to continue to attend community functions.

      I think it was evident to all last night that involved neighbors are your strongest weapon in the fight against crime--and in building a strong community.

      Thank you.

      Andy Solberg
      Commander, 5D

      Download DC311 and Start Reporting Today!
      With the new DC311 free smartphone app, reporting an issue to 311 is now easier than ever.
      Currently available in the iTunes App Store and in the Android Marketplace.
      Learn more at